Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Fi Purple - need help!

1. Hi Fi Purple - need help!

Hi, I want to paint my '63 Hi Fi Purple, but I am really having a hard time finding a paint match. I don't wan't to buy anyone's pre-mixed paint unless I can see a sample of it.

So I am looking for either of the following:

a.) Does anyone have an original paint Hi-Fi Purple part they would be willing to sell or even lend so that I could get someone to mix a match?
    b.) Has anyone done a Hi Fi Purple repaint that they would be willing to share photos of and a paint code or source for the paint?

Thanks in advance! It is getting down to the time that I need to get paint done to stay on schedule and I have been searching for months so far and came up with nothing to show for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Jerry
    AMCA# 4076
    "Ride 'em, don't hide 'em!"

Re: Hi Fi Purple - need help!

Are there any pictures on John Pierce's Color Write site?
    VPH-D

4. Re: Hi Fi Purple - need help!

Did you paint your bike with this paint? If so, please post a photo

No, Just giving you some place to look. I would think if the color was not right the people buying it wold let them know, and I think they matched it up to an oem painted machine.

A photo on a computer screen is worthless for color match

Trying to get an even coverage from a spray can, make that three separate spray cans (base, translucent second coat, clear coat) is a disaster waiting to happen. Buckle down and call John Pierce at Colorwright. A three stage process is nothing to take likely. I used his Hi-Fi Red on my '64 and it came of fine. It was a little pricey, but what isn't these days?
    Fabe
    '41 FL
    '50 Chief
    '64 FL
    '42 WLA

8. Re: Hi Fi Purple - need help!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabe View Post
    Trying to get an even coverage from a spray can, make that three separate spray cans (base, translucent second coat, clear coat) is a disaster waiting to happen. Buckle down and call John Pierce at Colorwright. A three stage process is nothing to take likely. I used his Hi-Fi Red on my '64 and it came of fine. It was a little pricey, but what isn't these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by magneto sportster View Post
    Hi, I want to paint my '63 Hi Fi Purple, but I am really having a hard time finding a paint match. I don't wan't to buy anyone's pre-mixed paint unless I can see a sample of it.
    This isn't about money. It's about the fact that I have never seen his Hi Fi Purple on a motorcycle. If someone shares a photo of a bike they painted with his Hi Fi Purple, I might be interested. Read my original post above - I didn't say I was too cheap, I said I want to see results first.

9. Re: Hi Fi Purple - need help!

Quote Originally Posted by duffeycycles View Post
    A photo on a computer screen is worthless for color match

Agree 100%.

Thread Information