Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: When to use reproduction and when to not

Re: When to use reproduction and when to not

If you got the cash you go first class, God bless ya. If your broke you do what you gotta do.
    Deplorable Jimmy

Try buying the used OEM oil tank for a 30s knuck for 20 bucks.The difference in oil senders is the OEM one will probably not give you the scary light on when you come down in RPM,the reality is motors run for many many years with that light coming on because of not quite right trip point.I agree NOS at $80 isn't too bad in todays market.I would sell it to a knuck guy & run the $20 one with confidence....When Erv Gordon overheard someone say his oil light came on when he came off the freeway,Erv said"Mine has been doing that for 3 million miles"...Erv owns the 3 million mile Volvo,the highest recorded mileage of any privately owned vehicle
    Last edited by duffeycycles; 02-18-2018 at 09:11 AM.

I bought a Pan off a friend that has a ton of repro parts on it. Every time I touch it, I have to work my way through the one-off butchering he had to do to put it together.
    Drives me nuts to even look at it. But all my neighbors think its beautiful. Too much knowledge is a bad thing - it interferes with my peace of mind. Darn that Eve! (Or is it Bruce I should blame??)
    But when I'm riding it, I can't see any of it, and I feel like a million bucks. I hope old man winter loosens his grip soon so I can start riding it again and get over this urge to 'make things right'.

Quote Originally Posted by Temple View Post
    We have an interesting dichotomy in some comments.

-believing that people should run oem
    -complaining about high prices here and on ebay
    -wishing that young people would be interested.
    -bitching about high prices and comments about rich people being the ones to afford the antique original bike in modern days.
    -wishing bikes weren't garage queens and ridden.

All the while, some people are stock piling parts which one could argue is creating all the issues above.

It seems that unless you are willing to regularly purchase aftermarket parts that you may need to be wealthy, have lots of time, and into collecting. There are not many young people that I know that fit the bill.

Thoughts?
    We'be lookin' at Exponential growth in interest in Twentieth Century "pioneer" petrol transportation in the coming decades. Leather, denims, engineer boots, white t-shirts. And cell phones. And platinum cards.
    Whaat can I do for you?
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    AGENT ORRNGE Survivor. So far.
    The Friendly Fire that Keeps on Burnin'.
    F.O.G. member: http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
    www.37UL.com
    "It's a 1937, and the downside is, it's out of warranty"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    We'be lookin' at Exponential growth in interest in Twentieth Century "pioneer" petrol transportation in the coming decades. Leather, denims, engineer boots, white t-shirts. And cell phones. And platinum cards.
    Whaat can I do for you?
    This is funny shit.

Thread Information