Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonneville Pistons for Chief?

Re: Bonneville Pistons for Chief?

None, not even a dime to call home

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    "Trying to build up 3 sets of cylinders for the 24 Chief Cannonball rig" Might as well take a colored tv and mini frig with you too.

All that is loaded in the 45ft Prevost with the 40ft machine shop being towed behind it with 2 spare motors and 3 tranny's. (Not vestites.)

Quote Originally Posted by HDpanman View Post
    All that is loaded in the 45ft Prevost with the 40ft machine shop being towed behind it with 2 spare motors and 3 tranny's. (Not vestites.)
    I think that describes some of the participants, and royal dilettantes in the Cannonball, but certainly not Gene Harper. Gene has been one of my Excelsior mentors for at least 25 years. When I'm stumped, he's one of the first people I think of.

Eric,
    I am aware Gene is not one of the Prevost crowd. It was only meant as a humorous response to Rob's comment. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

5. Arrow Re: Bonneville Pistons for Chief?

I'll be driving a 14 year old pickup with an enclosed trailer, barely big enough to squeeze the sidecar rig into. So, no room for an EZ chair, Color TV, machine shop, beer fridge or any such stuff. Careful planning and packing, trying to keep it simple, like Lindbergh did. Unfortunately, my cylinders are not new like his, that's why I'm taking a few spares. Those will be by far the heaviest things I drag along in the truck, besides tools!

I've always thought the Cannonball should be done in the spirit of the day, head out with what you can carry with you. That was my plan, just me and the sidecar rig and what I can carry, until the wife decided she wanted to ride along, so change of plans, and that's fine! It will be good to have my co pilot with me, hell, I can't seem to get around town without her telling me where to turn, so, may as well have her along too!!

Gene

Thread Information