Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 49 - 59 Neck Cups

Re: 49 - 59 Neck Cups

The Jims race tool isn't that expensive and works very well.
    (Pay no attention to the Jay-Pee logo, I just Googled for it and this is what came up.)

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/911...CABEgL_RfD_BwE

(Actually, it's a trick- Jay-Pee is just offering the spacer for $44...!
    Anyway, just look at the photo, it shows the tool. And do your own search, you'll find it.)
    Last edited by Bigincher; 01-15-2018 at 10:35 PM.
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    '60 and later cups are visibly taller.
    Can any of you folks do a quick measurement and tell what the measurements are for that portion that projects above the frame? Thanks.
    Lonnie C.

Come join us at the Ninth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet, May, 2018 at Denton FarmPark, Denton N.C.

For visitor or vendor information, visit us on the Web at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

The real issue is not only how high the cup is but the height of the total assembly with the bearings, the 60-up assembly is about 3/16" more than the 49-59. That means RAT TAIL time,in order to fit the tins...
    64 Duo-Glide

Quote Originally Posted by panacea View Post
    The real issue is not only how high the cup is but the height of the total assembly with the bearings, the 60-up assembly is about 3/16" more than the 49-59. That means RAT TAIL time,in order to fit the tins...
    Been there, done that, ended up having to disassemble and change cups so I want avoid it this time. I believe the reason the bearings are higher is because the "floor" of the cup is located in a higher position. With both upper and lower cups contributing, the result is the higher total placement. The changeover occurred at the same time as the change in the lower tree. So, if I have that measurement I believe I can avoid this headache. Thanks,
    Lonnie C.

Come join us at the Ninth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet, May, 2018 at Denton FarmPark, Denton N.C.

For visitor or vendor information, visit us on the Web at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie C. View Post
    Been there, done that, ended up having to disassemble and change cups so I want avoid it this time. I believe the reason the bearings are higher is because the "floor" of the cup is located in a higher position. With both upper and lower cups contributing, the result is the higher total placement. The changeover occurred at the same time as the change in the lower tree. So, if I have that measurement I believe I can avoid this headache. Thanks,
    That could be true, but the bearings and races themselves are also taller. I've got the measurements somewhere.
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

Tom is absolutely right. It isn't all about the cups. See my earlier post. "Assembled height" is the key word...
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Thread Information