Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another 47 Chief

1. Re: Another 47 Chief

Pisten-Bully nailed it, you'll find your bike, they can take awhile, but they are worth it when you do.

2. Re: Another 47 Chief

Hi,
    The numbers photos are a little blurry but the CDG8952 and 3478952 do look like factory authentic stampings for a 1947 Chief. The bike does look remarkably untouched for a period bobber. One issue could be the condition of the machine when was originally stored. If the machine was stored with gas in the tanks and dirty oil in the engine - there could be some nasty surprises when the bike is reactivated. Somebody offered him low-20s for it? The seller should have taken the money and ran away. I'd be thinking more like $15,000.00 for this machine - and that might be generous.

Re: Another 47 Chief

Somebody offered him low-20s for it? The seller should have taken the money and ran away.
    No kidding.

I'd be thinking more like $15,000.00 for this machine - and that might be generous.
    My ebay guess is $17k

Here is another one.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1948-Indian-...BZtFAP&vxp=mtr

Ha ha I got the bud rejection notice From eBay!! Was probably a scam and someone busted him in it or the cought him try's g to cut a deal around eBay.

"eBay Bid Cancellation Notice - Item

Dear eBay Community Member,
    The bid that you entered for the item (142505224452) has been cancelled. You can view the reason provided for the cancellation by selecting the (bid history) link from the individual item page.

Saving a pitcher of this work of art, just so we see what we were talkin' about:
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    AGENT ORRNGE Survivor. So far.
    The Friendly Fire that Keeps on Burnin'.
    F.O.G. member: http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
    www.37UL.com
    "It's a 1937, and the downside is, it's out of warranty"

6. Re: Another 47 Chief

Howdy chaps,

Sprung frame Indians usually translate awkwardly to cut downs/bobbers unlike the benchmark Knuckle, don't know if it's enhanced by that right side 3/4 front angle of the shot but that looks got dang excellent, and so much cheaper to build.

Thread Information