Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Old shops

1. Re: Old shops

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Swan View Post
    Thanks 1930kj for your comments. my dad went to the University of Cincinnati, he lived on Ravine street, i cannot find the house he lived in with other "plebes," but we stopped there in 1977 on the way to the Indian 4 meet. i remember him talking about McMicken Blvd, Straight St, and Burnet Woods. Cincinnati is where he bought his '27 JD.
    Steve, Ravine street and Straight would have tested the power of your Dad's JD. They are two of the steepest streets in Cincinnati.
    Dave

2. Re: Old shops

Dad used to laugh telling me how he would dress in his ROTC uniform, prowl Burnet Woods looking for steaming car windows and shine his spot light into the cars. now that would land him in jail or worse for impersonating. back then it was considered clean fun and likely more annoying than anything else. i am looking at the enamel "Ravine St." sign as i write this... Dad said a car hit the sign post, knocked the sign to the ground and he liberated it...

Re: Old shops

Quote Originally Posted by SIDECAR View Post
    I wonder where these pictures, and quotes came from. The first Indian picture clearly states 1918 (not 1912), and the second Henderson picture shows two 1917 Hendersons (pre 1927), and the fore rider is definitely NOT Wells Bennet. History is a fascinating thing and I think Sidecar, and Mr. Big have done a great service to us by posting these pictures that have anomalies, and misinformation that may have slid by in another publication that didn't have the scrutiny that CAIMAG has.

5. Re: Old shops

Also, the right picture was taken in front of Henderson Motorccle Sales, the LA henderson dealer. It was run by Tennant Lee.

R.L. JIM CLARK ... THE MOTORCYCLE MAN .... 2029 FONDULAC AVE , MILWAUKEE,WIS.

OTHER ADDRESS ... 23RD & FONDULAC
    2029 empty lot

23rd could be one of these buildings

These are pics for Clark

photograph of the Jim Clark Cycles Baseball Team. R.L. "Jim" Clark was an Indian and Evans motorcycle dealer from Wilwaukee, Wisconsin. The player on the bottom left is wearing a Indian Cycles uniform. All the players have an Indian patch on their sleeve. In the 1922 edition of Motorcycle Illustrated it is noted that Jim Clark's baseball team participated in the Gypsy Tour at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin with Captain Ray Sood.

Great information, badger34. It's enthusiasts like yourself, and sidecar that do the research, and tireless digging that peel away the fog of lost history. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Great addition Badger, any info and correction are appreciated. This site had the pic of Clark's shop but was to small to enlarge. Thanks again.

https://www.motorcycle-memories.com/...r-l-clark.html

Here are afew of the shops I'm looking up. Any info jump in. Mark the Texas list is all yours LOL

Thread Information