Thread: DMV cc on ulh

DMV cc on ulh

I sent in two applications for a UH and a ULH to florida DMV. I wrote 80ci in the spot on the application. I got them back with 1200cc on the UH and 1311cc on the ULH. A 80 ci evo is 1340cc. And when i called a questioned DMV lady says there is no 1340 for 1940.
    I dont know if its that big a deal as the vin and everything else on the title is correct. But would like to know what the correct cc for 1940 ulh. Maybe any of you guys have seen a origional title ??
    Like i said im hopin not a big deal but if i can get a cooroperating DMV person i would like to amend the title. Thanks Paddy

Re: DMV cc on ulh

80 cubic inches for the harleys are rounded off numbers, the 80 flathead is somewhere in the 79 cubic inch range and the shovel is closer to 82 cubes, bore and stroke combos are different, simply do the math and you will get the dvm numbers....used an on line calculator and came up with 79.47, 1302 cc for ul and 81.78, 1338.82 cc for shovel and evo. ul stroke 4.2813/ 4 9/32", bore 3.4375/ 3 7/16". fl/fx stroke 4.250/ 4 1/4", bore 3.50/ 3 1/2". the numbers are a bit different than 1311cc but very close for the concept of cc differences between 2 so called 80 inch models.

Be sure to tell the State Troopers and your local LEOs to be VERY careful when pulling your plugs out on the side of the road when the engine is hot. Also, be sure to carry a wrench that fits the timing plug so they can get a true reading w/the piston at dead bottom:-). I am sure that in NY state, that could be a very serious matter when you have Florida titles!:=) Carry on.. Seadub

Ha!! Ill have them change the oil too.!!!! It rea kills em when they see my ny address on my fla reg!!! Most boobs in blue dont know that you dont ha e to have ins in fla "from my understsanding" but i always got the big ins. On all my rides plus a 2 million personal liabity policy wich give extra protection if hit by the uninsured or underinsured. Its rampet here in the sanctuary city and in Fla.
    But the old PBA card works real well!! Thanks Seadub!! Hope all is well on yur end!! Maybe we catch up in Chattanooga in September, Paddy

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Ha!! Ill have them change the oil too.!!!! It rea kills em when they see my ny address on my fla reg!!! Most boobs in blue dont know that you dont ha e to have ins in fla "from my understsanding" but i always got the big ins. On all my rides plus a 2 million personal liabity policy wich give extra protection if hit by the uninsured or underinsured. Its rampet here in the sanctuary city and in Fla.
    But the old PBA card works real well!! Thanks Seadub!! Hope all is well on yur end!! Maybe we catch up in Chattanooga in September, Paddy
    Can't wait! Wondering what to ride?? Seadub

Thread Information