Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goggles Over Eye Glasses or Prescription Cycle Glasses?

Goggles Over Eye Glasses or Prescription Cycle Glasses?

I need to get either goggles that go over regular glasses or a pair of the prescription riding glasses for use with a half helmet, no visor, and no windshield on bike.
    Any thoughts on pros and cons. Any difference in peripheral vision between the two? I like a vintage look but seeing is higher priority.
    If prescription glasses, I'd probably have to go with transition lenses as a standard tint is too dark for early morning or dusk/night.

Thanks
    Jason Z - S.W. PA
    48 Chief

Re: Goggles Over Eye Glasses or Prescription Cycle Glasses?

I've been looking at these for a bit. Haven't actually handled them yet.
    http://www.wileyx.com/ProductDetail/...te-black-frame

I always have found googles to be sight restrictive, and usually not well vented. Not preaching either, but I found googles to be a moot point with a quality full face. Not for everyone though.
    Grooving in Shovely sunshine

I had lasik eye correction done 8 years ago, worth every penny. I needed glasses for distance, had about 4 pair of glasses, clear, dark,transition,bifocal. cost of frames and glass keeps going up you can have $500 in one pair. Back then cost for lasik was about $3000 out of pocket. No more broken of lost, fogging up or forgetting to pack them. I can now walk in to Wallmart and get a pair of sunglasses off the shelf. If you like goggles just pick your style and put them on. Just saying something you might want to look into.Also the surgery is quick and completely easy, prices have gone down since I had it done,depends on your eye problems for cost.

I just wear my regular glasses at night, and single prescription (near-sighted) sunglasses during the day. My sunglasses wrap around so I have decent peripheral vision as well. Sunglasses are necessity, not an option in Florida. I ride during the day, most often because the distracted, drunk, and drug addled idiots are all over the place at night.

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    most often because the distracted, drunk, and drug addled idiots are all over the place at night.
    Not too different up here.
    Grooving in Shovely sunshine

I have had a pair of Rx Wiley X glasses that have transition lenses for a while. I ordered them with the foam around the inside of both lenses. They steam up real quickly and I need to remove the foam. I like that I do not need to change glasses when I get to where I am going. I have the transition lenses in my regular glasses as well and would not go without it. IMHO go with the prescription cycle glasses.
    Last edited by haugster1340; 05-29-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I glued an old pair of prescription lenses inside some wrap around sunnies. Perfect!

I bought a pair at a HD shop similar to those to wear over my glasses.Although they did the trick there is just something about wearing them thats not comfy,like I felt more like skiing than riding my bike.I just went and got some prescription solid bridge sun glasses and they work really well except for nighttime which I rarely do anymore.

[QUOTE=night-train;268455]I've been looking at these for a bit. Haven't actually handled them yet.
    http://www.wileyx.com/ProductDetail/...te-black-frame

I have been using the Wiley X for training and operating for several years and they make a different style w/temple arms that are amazing for riding. They allow great peripheral viewing and max comfort and protection. Seadub

Thread Information