Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Help identifying relay

  1. Help identifying relay

    This was included in the parts that came with my 47 Indian basket, but doesn't look like it is the correct relay.
    It appears to be brand new and manufactured in the early 60's. Can't find any info by searching using the part number on the packaging or on the relay.

    Any idea what this is for?




  2. #2

    Re: Help identifying relay

    It is military packaging based on your pic and the 5945-636-8809 number. It looks to be packaged in August of 1963. Try searching military Ordnance and item stock numbers.

  3. Re: Help identifying relay

    Quote Originally Posted by Paps View Post
    It is military packaging based on your pic and the 5945-636-8809 number. It looks to be packaged in August of 1963. Try searching military Ordnance and item stock numbers.
    Here's what's on the back of the package:
    MIL-B-131C Class 2. Amendment 1
    RAP Industries Inc.
    FR 115
    Sept. 1962
    Sept.

  4. #4

    Re: Help identifying relay

    It is a generic 6.5 volt relay, generic cut out relay, not an indian part
    https://www.google.com/search?as_q=&...=all&start=0&*

  5. Re: Help identifying relay

    Quote Originally Posted by 1950panhead View Post
    It is a generic 6.5 volt relay, generic cut out relay, not an indian part
    https://www.google.com/search?as_q=&...=all&start=0&*
    Thanks for the info. I knew it was for an Indian, but thought it was for a motorcycle but based on the link it appears to be an auto part.

  6. #6

    Re: Help identifying relay

    Quote Originally Posted by TH47Indy View Post
    Here's what's on the back of the package:
    MIL-B-131C Class 2. Amendment 1
    RAP Industries Inc.
    FR 115
    Sept. 1962
    Sept.
    The MIL stands for military part.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. relay boss
    By rd.king in forum Harley 1936-1964
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-27-2015, 08:42 PM
  2. Replacement Relay Perch
    By Bigincher in forum Restoration
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 08:26 PM
  3. Starter relay on a 65 pan
    By OLD GOOSE in forum Harley 1965 & Later
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 04:31 PM
  4. Generator Relay
    By danpatch in forum Harley 1936-1964
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 03:33 PM
  5. Starter relay?
    By Adirondacker in forum Electrics & Ignition
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •