Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Start?

Re: How Did You Start?

Quote Originally Posted by ultrapan View Post
    I started out on a mini trail in 1969 and have been riding various bikes since then
    I don't believe I saw this picture when it was originally posted Ultrapan. Now that is an organized shop, Wow!

He keeps it clean and uncluttered so he knows where that damn tool actually is...and where the nut actually rolled off to.

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    I don't believe I saw this picture when it was originally posted Ultrapan. Now that is an organized shop, Wow!
    Truth be told it's not always organized, it does get cluttered on occasion

4. Re: How Did You Start?

When the neighbor rode by on a 'Honda' in the mid 60's.. I saw, 'Ya didn't have to pedal' ??!! I was hooked... Begged till the cows came home..raked leaves, carried garbage, picked rocks in the field till Mom ( single parent of 5 ), brought home a 'Rupp Scrambler'...Rode it to death..plenty of dirt bikes after..then mostly 'American Made' since...JL

[QUOTE=ultrapan;251873]Truth be told it's not always organized, it does get cluttered on occasion /QUOTE]

Oh yeah, what a mess

https://mail.aol.com/webmail/getPart...10_resized.jpg

This is not where I started however it was taken in 1976 on the side of 95 on the way back to the Yogi Bear campground on US 1 and 95 in Ormond after leaving the beach in Daytona. Had just finished the bike for the second build from 1970. Ness front section, fender, and cut down sportster tank good for 50 miles, Honda 750 front end. Front nut came off at 70 and pretty much wiped out everything. Went to Robisons and put it back together that night. Here is the motor and trans now:

Still have the chopper and it is together but with a 57 motor in it not the 58 originally. I have no idea how I rode it as much as I did because after 10 miles now, I'm done.
    Last edited by HDpanman; 09-29-2016 at 07:17 AM.

Ultrapan if that clutter gets to you I will drive there now and make it so you never have to see that mess again.

Cbass

Dirt bikes were the beginning then it all stopped. My Folks would not let me get a street machine ! I was 15 doing landscaping jobs for neighbors, when I spotted a 1974 XLCH stashed in this lady garage. I worked for her all summer cutting grass, building flower beds, painting her house, washing windows, cleaning gutters ! She finally signed the title over to me and the fun began !

I kept the bike stashed at a friends garage and began the task of getting it running. Older guy [Mike] in my neighborhood raced Harley's had a friend named Duck [Ducks Putter Parts]. Mike told me one time when I was frustrated ready to give up on the bike "Keep The Faith" Eventually I got to be a pretty good HD mechanic Myself, Kept the bike until I was in my 20's, even raced it for a couple years AL/Gas with IDBA. The old Sportster is long gone, but I now have a 1974, stock paint FLH that is my daily rider ! newest bike I own. Keeps up with traffic just fine

Fun Hobby Never gets Old
    Trust Jesus

9. Re: How Did You Start?

Hi Russ. Nice to see you surface here once in a while.

Good to see you are still a greaser ! Elvis had NOTHING on you ! your Panhead Rocks too !
    Trust Jesus

Thread Information