Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great eBay score!!

two whiskey stills and three weed patches into the Hills of Kentucky
    Blog Entries

Re: Great eBay score!!

I have gotten some real good deals, and, I have gotten taken a couple of times,but overall, I am amazed at some of the honesty of the people selling things on e-bay. The times when I feel as if I didn't get my moneys worth was just as much my own doing as it was the seller. I would get caught up in the bidding. I have learned to be patient. I'm glad Robbie and Brian came out on top with these deals. I sometimes try to limit my search to "Antique motorcycles" sometimes "Harley 45's" and sometimes "Harley Panhead". I see folks advertising something that is uniquely a shovelhead or evo item under "Knucklehead,panhead,flathead,harley 45, and sometimes multiple listing over the same part (or at least from my determination the same picture) It would seem like they would want to be clear about what the part actually fits and be more specific with its classification in the search area. But it is what it is, I still enjoy perusing e-bay, I still like the old time swap meets too where you drive a day, take a nap in the parking lot,pay $40.00 for a vendor fee rather than pay the $10. to just get in so you can get in early or the night before to walk around and spot what you are really interested in. I guess that's "Cheating" but most of the time Ill go to my spot that I rented (which will be vacant) and tell the people on either side to go ahead and use that space if they need to spread out because I rented it, and, they can have it. It makes me feel like I aint quite such a bad person for paying to get in early by paying 4 times what the normal admission is. Some of the meets I go to if you are not in the show by 10 you don't have room to walk around the crowd is shoulder to shoulder. I'm glad I paid to get in there and get out then.
    Last edited by goat; 02-07-2016 at 11:04 AM.
    I CELERITER TEMPUS DEFICIT
    (RIDE FAST TIME GROWS CLOSE)

IF YOU AINT LIVING FREE YOU AINT LIVING

1942 WLA
    1953 G servi car (thats a pile of parts)
    1959 Panhead
    1969 shovelhead electraglide
    1974 shovelhead electraglide
    1995 roadking
    2014 Indian Chief Vintage
    AMCA #14226

Re: Great eBay score!!

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    I have gotten some real good deals, and, I have gotten taken a couple of times,but overall, I am amazed at some of the honesty of the people selling things on e-bay. The times when I feel as if I didn't get my moneys worth was just as much my own doing as it was the seller. I would get caught up in the bidding. I have learned to be patient. I'm glad Robbie and Brian came out on top with these deals. I sometimes try to limit my search to "Antique motorcycles" sometimes "Harley 45's" and sometimes "Harley Panhead". I see folks advertising something that is uniquely a shovelhead or evo item under "Knucklehead,panhead,flathead,harley 45, and sometimes multiple listing over the same part (or at least from my determination the same picture) It would seem like they would want to be clear about what the part actually fits and be more specific with its classification in the search area. But it is what it is, I still enjoy perusing e-bay, I still like the old time swap meets too where you drive a day, take a nap in the parking lot,pay $40.00 for a vendor fee rather than pay the $10. to just get in so you can get in early or the night before to walk around and spot what you are really interested in. I guess that's "Cheating" but most of the time Ill go to my spot that I rented (which will be vacant) and tell the people on either side to go ahead and use that space if they need to spread out because I rented it, and, they can have it. It makes me feel like I aint quite such a bad person for paying to get in early by paying 4 times what the normal admission is. Some of the meets I go to if you are not in the show by 10 you don't have room to walk around the crowd is shoulder to shoulder. I'm glad I paid to get in there and get out then.
    In your example of a shovelhead part exclusively, the other words knuckle, pan, 45 are just used for key word searches. The actual description is where the buyer as the obligation to represent the part to the best of his knowledge or say he doesn’t know what the part might be. When I buy a part on eBay I do my homework & study all the pictures and if I have to I’ll ask a question.
    "Never wake up a Dummy, let him sleep. He might wake up and hurt himself." my good friend, John Fitzgerald (Southside Chicago)

Thread Information