Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ethics question

Re: Ethics question

Send him a letter to the same address, in the letter ask him to reply via email or phone that he received the letter.
    Until then do nothing . If he received the letter then you can make a decision - I realize this may sound strange but you need to confirm that he at least receives mail.

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    I very much appreciate everyone's sage advice. I have to say that this community has the best collection of intelligent, honorable people in our hobby/obsession. Thanks again. . . I'm getting all misty eyed
    And you are at the top of the list, as for me.
    Bob
    43 wlc

'' 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul ''

you must to be sure that the fellow is honest or not, so you received good advice here for that question.
    I wonder why he refused to take a good insurance as you suggested to him...

Few months ago, I was happy to have a insurance after loosing a expensive part...

You have the proof that you have send the parcel. If he didn't received it he cannot proove that the risers where not inside ( If he thinks that you lie)
    So, you can help him to get money back with the postal service but you cannot be responsable because maybe does he has the risers......
    Forgive my grammatical mistakes in English.

Agree with these guys! I'd tell him you'll work with him, give him any and all tracking information, but no re-imbursement because as some have already stated these things can take a while to show up (or return to sender)... and if he's got his money back then he's not "invested" in looking for it or waiting for it.
    1946 Chief - take apart and put back together
    101 Scout - building stage

The buyer can use the US Postal service Customs form number to track his package via Canada Post. You can go to Canada Post and track it with that number as well. My Ole Lady sent a part to a good ole Bro in Australia once. Six weeks later he still had not received the part. Several more weeks went by and he still had not received the part. Our local postal service advised my Ole Lady to ask the Bro to bring that customs number to his local postal service personal's attention. The records showed the part was in that local post office. His package was never delivered until then. It was misplaced in his very own local post office.

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    I very much appreciate everyone's sage advice. I have to say that this community has the best collection of intelligent, honorable people in our hobby/obsession. Thanks again. . . I'm getting all misty eyed
    Thanks, but you're still not getting my last Bud light..
    1977 XL CE (tribute)
    1970 XLCH
    1961 XLCH
    2010 XL883N

7. Re: Ethics question

Paps is right. Alot of packages we send to Europe end up at the local post office, and the buyer needs to go there and check if theres anything waiting for them there. Thats solves 9 out of ten mysteries for our overseas customers.

Give it time...another shipping story.

I bought a part from a fellow in the US off E-Bay and he sent it USPS as per my request. after a couple of months I queried him about it and he said he'd ship me a replacement, which he did and I received. A couple months after the replacement part arrived ....you'll never believe this....it got sent to Europe with my Canadian address on it and then got sent to my place.

Mind boggling as to why or how...but it did. I sent his replacement part back with the shipping coverage he paid to send it to me.

So you never know what can happen.
    Last edited by cdndewey; 08-19-2015 at 06:28 AM. Reason: spelling

I have had parts go via Austria to get to me in Australia eventually. Agree, give it time.

Thread Information