Thread: TX new guy

1. TX new guy

Transplanted Kansan living in DFW area. I have a 62 flh I've owned since '77. Poor girl hasn't been tagged since '96 and this is the autumn I get her going again. She took me to Sturgis in '79 & '80. (I went back in '80 'cause I couldn't believe what I saw in '79!)

Aren't parts getting fun to find?

Stock bore, solid lifters, Supermax belt drive, too much chrome, still 6 volt, dual point manual advance and stock Linkert. When she doesn't run I want to sell her for a new one, when she's running good I want to shoot anyone who asks if she's for sale. I've never owned a bike with an electric starter.

Welcome aboard, you're at the right place. Parts can still be found, but they're not on the shelf at the local Dealer. If you are looking for something specific, the members here will all have a suggestion as to where you can start looking.
    What you need to do is keep the '62 and pick up something else to run around on while the '62 is on the rack.
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

Welcome and glad to meet another fellow Pan owner. Lots of Pan folks here all willing to share info and parts sources.

Hope you get yours back on the road soon and share some photos with us.
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Forum Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Harley magazine
    Classic Harley Classic Harley Info
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

welcome from wa state. I need to hook up two gas lines on my 51, then pour some gas in the tank and hopefully I'll get to hear it run for the first time. would love to see photos of your scoot when you get time.

Quote Originally Posted by 62hdpan View Post
    Transplanted Kansan living in DFW area. I have a 62 flh I've owned since '77. Poor girl hasn't been tagged since '96 and this is the autumn I get her going again. She took me to Sturgis in '79 & '80. (I went back in '80 'cause I couldn't believe what I saw in '79!)

Aren't parts getting fun to find?

Stock bore, solid lifters, Supermax belt drive, too much chrome, still 6 volt, dual point manual advance and stock Linkert. When she doesn't run I want to sell her for a new one, when she's running good I want to shoot anyone who asks if she's for sale. I've never owned a bike with an electric starter.
    Sounds good. Welcome to the site and how about some photos?
    Ride your motorcycle like you stole it.

Classic Harley magazine

Thread Information