Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: our kids

1. Re: our kids

https://youtu.be/mv3odcMcVwU?t=22m15s

Got a chance to visit my kid while I was in Philly/NJ last week. He got the bug at a young age and has stuck with it. He doesn't care too much for the custom stuff but it gives him billable hours; prefers the older stuff but doesn't see too much of it come through the service dept.

2. Re: our kids

have an annual fall ride and this year we have 2 20-somethings coming. had 3 of them go to davenport for swap meet and antique motorcycle races. few will do it

Re: our kids

Here's a picture of me and my six year old son, taken just after we got home from the Harley dealer with our brand new '78 1/2, 80" ElectraGlide. (I traded a '73 XLCH and a 650 Triumph in on it.)

This is a recent shot of my son and his youngest (of three) sons, on his '79 FLH. He says he still misses the greasy, hole-in-the-wall dealerships we used to go into when he was a kid.

4. Re: our kids

great to see when family have same interest

Quote Originally Posted by Glaser31 View Post
    great to see when family have same interest
    Great to hear from Denmark! I used to live in Holte, north of Copenhagen, and learned to ride there in 1965.

6. Re: our kids

Small World,my Mom and Dad lived in Holte to.Address was Øverødvej they moved from Holte in 1962

I lived on Skovlodden 1964 -'66. I wrecked my second motorcycle on Øverødvej in '66. (Pulled out in front of a Volvo - I was a slow learner.)

8. Re: our kids

Did you go to the motorcycle shop and junk yard in Birkerød ? I bought this Excelsior Manxman 250cc 1935 when they closed down

Did you have family in Denmark ? since you was here

No, no relatives. I was a teenager and my father was assigned to the US embassy. I haven't been back since 1971, when I was in the Army stationed in Germany. I used to hang out at a dealer in Lyngby that carried several brands, including H-D Aermacchi and I still have some of the flyers I picked up there:

I didn't know about the junkyard in Birkerød - it might be where both of my bikes (a Puch and a Desa) ended up, since I crashed both of them. (Like I said - I was a slow learner.)

Thread Information