Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End of the Forum??

End of the Forum??

Buzz has announced the suspension of publication of his magazines. Does that mean this site will also go away?
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Re: End of the Forum??

Thanx for the post Robbie,& all you have done for us.Thanx to Buzz for everything as well.

AMERICAN IRON SUSPENDS PUBLICATION
    American Iron Magazine, published since 1989, has suspended publication.
    The world has changed significantly. The motorcycle business has changed. And the magazine industry has too. Unfortunately, not for the better - short or long term.
    For the last 31 years our team has worked hard responding successfully to the trends, opportunities and changes. But when our advertising crashed with the recent spread of the virus, we ran out of options. We trimmed the page count and content in our magazines, but that was not enough to make a difference.
    Rather than watch our magazines decline even further, we have suspended publication as we explore our options. It is not an easy decision for American Iron Magazine, American Iron Garage and American Iron Salute, but it is the right one.
    The last issue of American Iron Magazine was Issue #390, on sale last week.
    Since 1989, I have been fortunate to work with really great editors, art directors and contributors who were dedicated, creative, hard working and smart. They had to be to achieve what we did for more than three decades. And a big thanks to all of our readers and advertisers, who supported our efforts so passionately.
    Rather than dwell on the end of our magazines, I hope you'll join us remembering your favorite articles, writers, photographers and events that we have enjoyed over the years. There have been so many.
    Thank you one and all for your support, encouragement and friendship. It's been a heckuva ride.
    Buzz Kanter - Editor-in-Chief.

Cannonball also:
    Motorcycle Cannonball
    1 hr · Shared with Public
    For Immediate Release
    The Transcontinental Motorcycle Cannonball Endurance Run
    Sturgis, South Dakota, July 8, 2020 – Jason Sims, owner of the Motorcycle Cannonball, has announced that the historic transcontinental event scheduled for 17 days in September has been rescheduled due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19. The biennial event, though held on U.S. soil, is an international line up of riders from around the globe and the 2020 race was to include as many as 120 riders on motorcycles manufactured before 1929. Scheduled to depart Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan on September 10, 2020 and arrive for the Grande Finale on September 27, 2020 in South Padre Island, Texas, racers, staff and the fans from around the world were excited to watch the cross country ride unfold.
    “An attitude of, “full steam ahead, gung-ho, and business and usual,” has been my credo for the last few months,” stated event organizer, Jason Sims. “We’ve been working on this run for more than a year and a half and were just completing the last few details. I never had an ounce of concern that COVID-19 would impact the 2020 Motorcycle Cannonball like it has. Heck, we’ve weathered natural and logistical disasters in the past and managed to come out on top, but this comes down to the safety and well-being of not just the participants but of the general public, as well. While conducting the last course run, it became obvious that the socially responsible thing to do is to reschedule. With a route that encompasses more than 4,000 miles across nine states, we’re leaving a huge footprint across our country. So, with everyone’s best interest in mind, the decision to postpone the run until September 2021 was made.”
    It is anticipated that all the host cities and gracious stop hosts who were already signed on will participate next September as riders make their way along the same route. The new anticipated run date will be September 9-26, 2021. Riders are assured their same position for the 2021 Motorcycle Cannonball. “As an organization, we will continue to focus on ways to enhance this historic, “Man and Machine vs. the Miles,” event. While maintaining the integrity of the run for generations to come, will stay commited to arranging the most challenging antique motorcycle event in the world," stated Jason Sims.
    Meanwhile, be sure to check the website and social media sites for information, updates and rider build progress as they makie ready for the 2021 Motorcycle Cannonball.

That’s a shame. I joined the forum pretty close to day one that I remember. I seem to remember Buzz posting on another forum about starting it. I was very exited as American Iron has always been my favourite magazine.
    Buzz, I do hope you find a good outlet for all you have to offer the motorcycle community.

Thank you!
    Craig

Whether the forum stays or goes by the wayside I wish to express my gratitude to all of the members for their knowledge and contributions. Most of all to Buzz for providing this outlet that showcases such an appreciation for old iron.
    You never see a motorcycle outside of a psychiatrist's office.

Its a shame that print was barely surviving and COVID killed it. I will miss my American Iron Magazine and wish Buzz and the staff all the best.

Been on here for 13 years. It's been a good run! Thanks to all.

I've not been here anywhere near as long as many of you. But I've made some good friends and learned a lot.

So the question now, IF this forum does end, where do we go? Hydraglide forum? AMCA? other?

I'd hate to loose contact with y'all (yous guys).
    To have the right to do something is not the same as to be right in doing it.

49 FL Love/Hate Relationship

I didn't say the forum was ending, you guys take it like it is a done deal. But knowing that the forum expense was covered by the magazines profits, I can't really see it going on forever. I suppose only a direct notice from Buzz as to what he hopes to do with it will tell us the real story.
    Mark, do you know anything??
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Thread Information