Page 847 of 876 FirstFirst ... 347747797837845846847848849857 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,470 of 8756

Thread: Vintage Pics of the Day

3. Re: Vintage Pics of the Day

Wish I had been on Gilligans Isle for a bit...........

Re: Vintage Pics of the Day

57-58 servi-car I got that out of a barn in Wis. Along with three other ones.

"Never wake up a Dummy, let him sleep. He might wake up and hurt himself." my good friend, John Fitzgerald (Southside Chicago)

Quote Originally Posted by BNSONS View Post
    57-58 servi-car I got that out of a barn in Wis. Along with three other ones.

I Really Wish That We Had A "LIKE" Button, Cause I Really Dig That Ol' Servi-Car Box. I Have A Chicago PD Servi-Car Rear Axle That I Bought From Throttle Masters In Chicago Back In 1994 If Anybody Wants To Buy One. It's A Hydraulic Brake Job...
    98 FLSTC TRIKE
    60 VW TRIKE-HOMEMADE
    68 TRIUMPH 650 TIGER CHOPPER

You Ain't A Man Till You've Rode A Pan, I'm A Man...

7. Re: Vintage Pics of the Day

Wow That hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post

Hers ain't bad either!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
    Wow That hair.
    What about those Mutton Chops!

MY FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD MOTORCYCLES
    From the Autobiography of Armando Magri

After learning how to ride Jeanne’s motorcycle, I wanted to own one of my own. At the age of 14 I purchased a 1921 Harley-Davidson 61 cubic inch JD for six dollars. It was in running condition, with a battery-operated electrical system. The battery, however, was dead, wouldn’t hold a charge.

A new battery cost $16. So that was out of the question, considering how hard it was to raise the original six dollars. Instead, I removed the battery from by 1922 Chevy, strapped it onto the luggage carrier of my Harley, and hit the road.
    One gorgeous summer day I rode over to visit my friend Carl Howerton. Carl’s sister, Babe, who was my age, started pestering me for a ride.

We went up to Bidwell Park, over to the five-mile dam, then headed back home. All was going well until we heard a sudden bang, and the rear tire had blown.

I had no tools, nor mechanic’s knowledge, but just about everyone who had a vehicle in those days also owned tire-patching equipment. It was essential. So, we pushed my bike to a nearby country house and asked for help. With the help of two gentlemen who lived there, Babe and I were on the road again.

While cruising past Babe’s house and waving to her mother on the front porch, all hell broke loose and the engine came to a sudden stop. The timing gear screws weren’t tight enough, and the vibration caused the whole gear assembly to go flying into the weeds. Babe walked back into her house, and I spent the rest of the afternoon searching n the weeds for my timing gears. I got the bike towed home, and stayed away from motorcycles for a few years.

In 1931, I bought my second Harley, a 1925 JD for $30. Before long I raised another $30 and had the opportunity to get a third bike, upgrading to a 1927 model. I wanted to make five dollars profit on selling the old JD, but the best deal was from a fellow who offered $30 and five gallons of homemade wine. At a pre-selected time, he would hide a single gallon at a time in the tall weeds that surrounded a row of mailboxes.

Our friend Leon Ball, who we called “eight-ball,” had a paper route in this neighborhood, so we made him the pick-up man. Most of the rest of us were unemployed, and bored, so we would ride along with Eight-ball on his route. We would pick up the wine, and finish it by the end of his deliveries. It was a bit sad, that day when we picked up the last gallon of wine. It turned out that the guy had been stealing gallons from his own family wine cellar. Still, I considered the whole transaction to have been a profitable one.

Thread Information