Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If you appreciate the natural world . . .

If you appreciate the natural world . . .

Happy Earth Day to everybody who appreciates nature. It seems you don't hear much about it anymore, but some of us folks still do what we can to take care of old Mother Nature.

Geo.

Re: If you appreciate the natural world . . .

I spend a good part of every day out in it. And it fascinates me daily. As an example yesterday morning on my dog walk (I go out at 6:30, cross country. no parks around here.) The owl flew into a grove of trees where a nesting pair of ravens are hatching their young. The Ravens went crazy attacking it and trying to drive it off. I watched it for a bit, finished my walk, about 45 minutes, got a camera and went back to where they were still at it!
    Last edited by Rubone; 04-22-2014 at 05:47 PM.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Around here people sit in rush hour....we have carmageddon daily - the worst in the US. One freeway and the better part of it's been in repairs for years. You'd think that on this small island everybody would be on 2 wheels instead in steel boxes wssting fuel and making carbon monoxide.

I am happy to say I do my part and ride s lot more than drive a car or my truck. Been thinking about going electric.

We installed PV last year, electric bill went from 170.00 to 17.00 a month. We get a report about how much our carbon footprint hss been reduced, but I don't kid myself.

Since we have an active volcano 3 islands east of here spewing tons of chemicals every day, what little we and everyone else around here do, mothrr nature counters by belchings clouds of noxious chemicals into the atmosphere.

The volcano is inhabited by madame Pele, and she rules, regardless of what mom nature says.

"Been thinking about going electric."

Your thinking of getting a Hoveround scooter?
    1947 EL
    1948 FL Project
    1947WL Project
    2000FLSTC

But there's booze in the blender
    And soon it will render
    That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

You never get better....you just get less awful. "Joe Walsh"

I rode my bicycle to a park here in Sarasota. I drink a cup of coffee, and watch the fish jumping out of the water, and the osprey trying to catch them. It's a great benefit to have such a park in the city, and has a calming effect on anyone who takes the time to quietly take it in. I've come to the conclusion that the reason the world is so screwed up is because we are losing touch with the natural world. Thanks for the Earth Day reminder old.wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    I rode my bicycle to a park here in Sarasota. I drink a cup of coffee, and watch the fish jumping out of the water, and the osprey trying to catch them. It's a great benefit to have such a park in the city, and has a calming effect on anyone who takes the time to quietly take it in. I've come to the conclusion that the reason the world is so screwed up is because we are losing touch with the natural world. Thanks for the Earth Day reminder old.wrench.
    That is what the 6th sense is Bro. We humans lost that 6,000 years ago. However...we do encounter tid bits of that 6th sense every now and then. Nature seems to bring it out.

I remember Earth Day 1. It was 44 years ago and I was a senior in high school. All the classes let out, and various groups went to various places to do various things. I was in a group that went to the city park and picked up trash. That was back in the days that people just threw their garbage on the ground, or out the window of the car.
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

Here's my happy campers we call them. I throw some seed out and every morning and evening I've got an audience along with squirrels, blue jays, cardinals, doves and sparrows. They're around so much now I can pull in and out of the driveway and they hardly budge.....

Some good old Earth Day fun, courtesy of the late great George Carlin

http://youtu.be/p5Miv4NHsDo
    "The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.” ~ Jacques Cousteau

Al C

1942 WLA Civy Custom
    1928 JDL Special Sport Solo (Basket)

anybody remember when the founder of earth day chopped up his girlfriend?

Thread Information