Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amca p&p 2014

Re: Amca p&p 2014

Shelby, since you obviously have a problem with the AMCA and everything they do lately why not just start your own Antique Motorcycle Club? After all it IS a Free Country and that is your Constitutional Right. Kinda like when Tucker went heads up against GM.....or Polaris/Indian going into competition with HD. Or you could just do what many of the rest of us did, just quit your membership to the AMCA, keep riding and enjoying Antique Motorcycles, because that is your Life and quit worrying about every little Lawyer Driven thing the AMCA does? It would probably be less stressful! Live and Let Live.

Guys, you need to remember that the AMCA is not a “club” it’s an “organization”. In clubs the membership has some say about how things are done within the club. In an organization there are bosses and there are minions, the bosses have the only say in the way things are done. It’s just the nature of the beast.

To me the AMCA is not some big monster; it’s simply an organization and seems to have lost the vision of what it was intended to be. Visions can be rediscovered so there is always hope. Until then I will continue to send them $40 each year and only expect to receive a few great magazines and a great camping spot a few times a year where me and a few old buddies can get together and shoot the shit all week end long.

3. Re: Amca p&p 2014

Quote Originally Posted by indianut View Post
    Shelby, since you obviously have a problem with the AMCA and everything they do lately why not just start your own Antique Motorcycle Club? After all it IS a Free Country and that is your Constitutional Right. Kinda like when Tucker went heads up against GM.....or Polaris/Indian going into competition with HD. Or you could just do what many of the rest of us did, just quit your membership to the AMCA, keep riding and enjoying Antique Motorcycles, because that is your Life and quit worrying about every little Lawyer Driven thing the AMCA does? It would probably be less stressful! Live and Let Live.
    You bring up good points, since Davenport there has been plenty of talk of starting a new "Club" by some. After my Surgery for Colon Cancer two years ago, I was approached by other AMCA members in the Dallas Forth Worth area to be active in trying to save the AMCA Club in Texas or at least help form a new Chapter that was membership centered. Since my riding days might be over due to the results from the surgery, I am now 67, I took up the challenge and after meeting with the Members of the existing Cherokee Chapter in Dec. 2012. We joined forces to improve the Chapter and set an example for how a Chapter could be run with the membership involved.

If this Club and it's history is not worth fighting for, I could be wasting my time. The National Board or governing body will continue to change the rules to give themselves more control. They can rewrite history by deleting threads, changing their words when challenged, using their view of a Fact with out oversight. I might be wrong on some points, but that is why we can have the freedom to think, as a person or as a group, to form opinions, and discuss issues.

Our Chapter has grown from 38 to 160 today in 15 months, and at our last meeting I was presented by the Chapter an award for outstanding work as Membership / Events director at the last elections. I enjoy good relations with some National Board Members, others feel threatened by vocal members that questions the wisdom or motives of their actions. Remember it was the National Board that lost our Not for Profit Status, it was their primary duty to keep it a not for profit under IRS rules.

Yes I could just drop out and have even less say in a Club or Hobby I have supported most of my adult life, or I could stay in and try to promote change till they kick me out for having an opinion and the right to try to promote improvement in the Club at the Chapter levels. Shelby

i think it was made up to get shelby to leave the amca. most likely when they no longer see your renewal fees that paragraph will go away. give it a break or ask the girl out. this is like high school drama.

This statement said it all Bro ! And I hope I get this right, the power of the dues paying peoples, which keeps the organization alive, deserves all voice. Financial supporters enable the organization to exist. Without those financial supporters, there is no organization !! I'd back you Shelby in a heartbeat for a new antique motorcycle club. I am certain it would grow at a phenomenal rate as long as the membership had the controlling voices in the governing of the club. Chapter by chapter would count all voting. Those vote tallies would put officers into power. Term limits would solve the main issue with dictatorship. And maybe....Judging would not be treated as a no nothing act, like the required signed form of agreeing to not use a judged bike by the AMCA judging pool for bike selling purposes. What the hell man ??? AMCA will judge your bike but will not stand by its judgment ?? You cannot use your AMCA judging score to promote your bike in a sale ??? You signed a contract which you agree to if you sell your bike not to disclose the AMCA judging score ??? Is the AMCA not credible in judging then ?? What good is an organization who has no faith in itself ? I deduct points from you because......I..... an AMCA judge......now defined by current AMCA peoples in power...being a nobody......who will not stand by my judgments, will require one who has his bike judged by the AMCA, insist a bike owner, sign a contract to not use the integrity, the decades of expertise, the scores of years of renowned recognition of AMCA personal knowledge, as a selling point for my bike ???? If the AMCA does not return to its roots real soon, and deflect from the to new well known political ways of operating, which seems to have taken over not only national governments worldwide, but organizations such as the AMCA, a new antique association will no doubt emerge, and the old will fade away rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyinparadise View Post
    You bring up good points, since Davenport there has been plenty of talk of starting a new "Club" by some. After my Surgery for Colon Cancer two years ago, I was approached by other AMCA members in the Dallas Forth Worth area to be active in trying to save the AMCA Club in Texas or at least help form a new Chapter that was membership centered. Since my riding days might be over due to the results from the surgery, I am now 67, I took up the challenge and after meeting with the Members of the existing Cherokee Chapter in Dec. 2012. We joined forces to improve the Chapter and set an example for how a Chapter could be run with the membership involved.

If this Club and it's history is not worth fighting for, I could be wasting my time. The National Board or governing body will continue to change the rules to give themselves more control. They can rewrite history by deleting threads, changing their words when challenged, using their view of a Fact with out oversight. I might be wrong on some points, but that is why we can have the freedom to think, as a person or as a group, to form opinions, and discuss issues.

Our Chapter has grown from 38 to 160 today in 15 months, and at our last meeting I was presented by the Chapter an award for outstanding work as Membership / Events director at the last elections. I enjoy good relations with some National Board Members, others feel threatened by vocal members that questions the wisdom or motives of their actions. Remember it was the National Board that lost our Not for Profit Status, it was their primary duty to keep it a not for profit under IRS rules.

Yes I could just drop out and have even less say in a Club or Hobby I have supported most of my adult life, or I could stay in and try to promote change till they kick me out for having an opinion and the right to try to promote improvement in the Club at the Chapter levels. Shelby

6. Re: Amca p&p 2014

Some serious thoughts there, Paps. The National Board is focused on starting small chapters with 8 or more members with no power. What would they do against several large chapters that were member centered working to do regional events across the country? What if several Chapters rotated regional road runs in near by states? Did the National loose the Chief Blackhawk Chapter because the National was no longer needed? Did Davenport Swap meet die or shrink? Judging became to political as you point out and should be fixed. Opinions should be heard and debated not scorned or dismissed as some do.

Someone asked why this subject is on this thread on this forum titled Classic Motorcycle Clubs and Web Sites, does anyone think we could have this thread on the AMCA Forum? Please keep it civil so the thread can continue to share thoughts in a positive way.

The Cherokee Chapter plans on insuring that every member gets a ballot, it is up to them to send it back with their vote or proxy. By polling the membership as to what is important to them, our Board will be able to serve the needs and wants of most mainstream members. We will put the fun back in being a Chapter Member by providing social events and activities they want at the local level

A call for nominations for local Board positions way in advance of elections, and the existing Board members will work with any new Board Members to insure that any changes will take place smoothly. Officers will be required to be able to devote the time and have the skills to perform required functions and work as a team for and at the will of chapter members.

Our Chapter is growing and hopefully we will set an example for others to follow. Help us grow if you think we are on the right path. www.cherokeeamca.org for information. I still believe things will change if enough AMCA members will not settle for less than the best effort. Shelby

I tried the AMCA, and I left it. Why would I feed something that on a national level, I just don't see worth the $45 dollars. I like the meets, especially Oley and Davenport, this is supposed to be fun. The fun is being sucked out. I would welcome a change or a new group.

Quote Originally Posted by brianbbs67 View Post
    I tried the AMCA, and I left it. Why would I feed something that on a national level, I just don't see worth the $45 dollars. I like the meets, especially Oley and Davenport, this is supposed to be fun. The fun is being sucked out. I would welcome a change or a new group.
    I find your comments a bit offensive. Obviously, you have no trouble exploiting the hard work of the AMCA volunteers that put on the meets. If you really believe what you say, you should stay home and shop on ebay.

9. Re: Amca p&p 2014

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    I find your comments a bit offensive. Obviously, you have no trouble exploiting the hard work of the AMCA volunteers that put on the meets. If you really believe what you say, you should stay home and shop on ebay.
    You're right. If someone is going to enjoy the hospitality of the sponsoring Chapters at an AMAC meet, the least they can do is pony up the National membership fee.

guys please help the amca pulled betty's trailer up to my house. they just filled it with all my rusty iron and drove away.i now have no way to enjoy summer time rides. how will i ever enjoy myself with out a group to guide me.
    if you need them to tell you where to ride you have no imagination. if you need them to make a living. your business model sucks. if you feel they gave you the shaft then you should dust off your shoes and move on.

Thread Information