Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: georges world wide

Re: georges world wide

maybe modern enlargement surgery is cheaper then an antique motorcycle collection. i shouldn't say things like this. give the guy credit for putting a great collection together. when is the last time you saw a v twin 1911 hd for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    maybe modern enlargement surgery is cheaper then an antique motorcycle collection. i shouldn't say things like this. give the guy credit for putting a great collection together. when is the last time you saw a v twin 1911 hd for sale?
    Barry Brown's '13 a few months ago on the Bay.
    Bob
    43 wlc

'' 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul ''

3. Wink Re: georges world wide

Dividing the money over the bikes involved it's a lot better deal than that 40EL Mutt. The way Knuckles are over priced give it a couple years and that '36 will be worth 1/4 the asking price. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBob View Post
    Dividing the money over the bikes involved it's a lot better deal than that 40EL Mutt. The way Knuckles are over priced give it a couple years and that '36 will be worth 1/4 the asking price. Bob
    BLB that is a spot on post.

Why question Georges motivation to sell? I mean, who really cares? Of course if it is health reasons, one does want to wish him the best or who ever it is in the family may be having health struggles.

Here he is offering up his collection to 1 or 10 people who could work together to buy some excellent machines for their collection. Even if you own a mutt which I do, what an opportunity to purchase an all original show piece machine, jeez oh man, to have one is a dream I would think all that are reading these posts here at CAIMAG forum crave.

How often does it happen where a seller of bikes in this class hold their lips tight and are hush hush about it, where there is only one buyer not allowing the opportunity to the general market of enthusiasts?

We all know that the wealthy collectors buy these things move in a different circle and most never hear of the deal until the deal is done and over with, then the remark is " if I only would of known..."

If I were contacted to be involved in a group buy, regardless of machine I would be interested.

These are all welcome additions to any collection.... and even if you don't collect and have a daily rider or one or two AMCA point bikes, the opportunity is huge for someone or a group of someones to work this deal out for these bikes. His asking price works out to 65k per machine for the lot of 20 bikes. The least expensive would be the Hummer. From that point one would have to assign most to least expensive. So what is the most desirable bike and price one would think the top dog in his collection would go for?

Now if those or the single individual involved are young enough to see the market for these mature more perhaps it could really be a great opportunity.
    Last edited by ricmoran; 09-24-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Thread Information