Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: caimag site running slow?

Re: caimag site running slow?

I started having issues last wednesday night , same message as others have said. I set my Security to 'High' and can use this site as normal.
    All other sites run normal set on Medium-High. I ran Virus scan, Malware scan & Spyware scan this weekend wth no improvement.
    Checked for Windows Updates. Asked people that should know. Oh, I shut it down & rebooted too!

Did some research on this and it might be due to the new software upgrade. Part of the problem may be just you're PC's speed and capability. (See Commodore 64) The other is that Internet Explorer is by default set to "debug" the script that's running. So, more than likely, the new upgrade has some bad code and IE is tryin' to fix it. I get the message every so often on a Yahoo news page when I click on a link.

Here's some more info via copy and paste!

An Internet Explorer Script Error occurs when your web browser (Internet Explorer) experiences difficulties running a client-side script from a web site.

These scripts may be in JavaScript, JScript, or VisualBasic script.

In most cases, these errors are a result of something done by the web developer who implemented the script on the web page and there is nothing that you can do to resolve the error.

Disabling Internet Explorer Script Errors
    Most of the time, Internet Exporer Script Errors are nuisances. If you are tired of seeing errors that are outside of your control, you can choose to disable these errors.

Open Internet Explorer
    Open the <Tools> menu
    Select the <Internet Options> menu item
    Open the <Advanced> tab
    Check the box next to "Disable script debugging
    Remove the check next to "Display a notification about every script error"
    Click the <OK> button

My son loaded Firefox to my computer and the Caimag site operates quickly now. This site was the only one I had trouble with. There are a few new problems, such as the inability to use the back to previous feature when I go to a Craig's list link or other. I have to shut down and start over. I'm sure I could learn a lot if I took a basic computer class, but I refuse to use up any of the good brain memory cells I have left on stuff I really don't want to know about.

It has been loading slow for me recently.

CAIM has been fast on my end. The only problem I have is Red Fox Enterprises will open another tab by itself, without me clicking his banner at the top of the page. This has happened when I click on a thread that I want to read. Once this tab is open I can not "x" out of it or go back to any of the other tabs I have open. I then have to go to the task manager and close everything down and start over. I hope there is not a virus attched to his page.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

We do have anti virus software. I do not recall it looking like that though. There is something not right if his page opens up when I click on a thread. His page should not open unless I click on the banner.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Sometimes if you click an area before the page finishes loading, your click will open something else. His site needs repair because of some broken code.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
    Sometimes if you click an area before the page finishes loading, your click will open something else. His site needs repair because of some broken code.......
    I understand what you are saying. However, this is not what is happening. And even if it happened like you described, I should be able to simply X out of his page. I am unable to simply X out because it locks up all of the tabs I have open. This ain't right. This is the problem with RFE's page. It would not be a problem if I could just X out and go on reading what I wanted to read on CAIM. This does not occur everytime but often enough to be annoying.

Thread Information