Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1942 Canadian Model ELC

Re: 1942 Canadian Model ELC

I should have added in post 19 that the infos I posted in my first post ( no. 10 ) is from Bruce's Military book. Hope this more helpful than confusing!
    Bob
    43 wlc

'' 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul ''

Quote Originally Posted by Speeding Big Twin View Post
    Bob, it sounds like the info in your second post may be from some of the literature you referred to in your first post? If so could you please name the publication and author so I can try to scare up a copy for my collection.

Iím also intrigued as to why the vintage motorcycle club president in your region thinks the C stood for commonwealth. Can you elaborate on that. Do you know what his opinion was based on?
    Eric
    Vintage Motorcycle Club? Are you refering to the Antique Motorcycle Club of America?
    Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member
    http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/
    Be sure to register so you can view large photos

Vintage Motorcycle Club? Are you refering to the Antique Motorcycle Club of America?
    I kind of doubt it Chris, since he is in Quebec. But Bob will tell us for sure.

4. Re: 1942 Canadian Model ELC

being that Bob is from Quebec it's either, the Canadian vintage motorcycle group
    or the Hell's angels

He was a Mauricie area vintage motorcycle club president, wich is a region in QC. What club, I can't tell. I did not know the folk, we add this discussion in an indie HD shop right in the middle of winter, 3 years ago when I was chasing OEM parts for the rebuilt.
    Bob
    43 wlc

'' 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul ''

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    I see in your post that you first quoted me and then you directed your question at me.

There is something wrong with the way you comprehend certain posts and this is another example of it. And as well as that, I believe you sometimes do this sort of thing deliberately in an attempt to bignote yourself at the expense of another.

Whatever the reason(s), I can do without your type of behaviour!
    Eric

I see in your post that you first quoted me and then you directed your question at me.

There is something wrong with the way you comprehend certain posts and this is another example of it. And as well as that, I believe you sometimes do this sort of thing deliberately in an attempt to bignote yourself at the expense of another.

Whatever the reason(s), I can do without your type of behaviour!
    Eric
    I simply asked you a simple question with no evil intentions. I have never heard of the club you mentioned. If you don't like it, I would suggest that you engage yourself in an aeronautical intercourse with a reciprocating piece a pastry.
    Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    I simply asked you a simple question with no evil intentions. I have never heard of the club you mentioned.
    Your comment about pastry has the same effect this time as it did the last time: absolutely zero.

Regarding the club initially mentioned on the first page of this thread, it appears you still canít figure it out so Iíll explain in more detail. There was no point you asking me about the club mentioned. On page one of this thread Bob mentioned a vintage motorcycle club and that he had a discussion with the president of that club. The president thought the C stood for commonwealth.

I told Bob I was intrigued as to why the vintage motorcycle club president in his region thought C stood for commonwealth. I asked Bob if he could elaborate on that and I also asked Bob if he knew what the presidentís opinion was based on.

Bob kindly responded, saying he had no clue what the president based his opinion on.

I thanked Bob for his quick reply.

Then you posted, quoting my post in which I had asked Bob why the president of the vintage motorcycle club in his region thought C stood for commonwealth. And you asked me if the vintage motorcycle club I had referred to was the Antique Motorcycle Club of America.

However, it was extremely obvious that all I had done was use the wording that Bob used on page one of this discussion. And that wording was as follows: vintage motorcycle club.

Therefore, Bob would be the person most likely to know more about that vintage motorcycle club. But you didnít ask Bob. Why not? Instead you asked me. Why ask me? Why didnít you ask Bob? Why would you think Iíd know what club had been referred to?

Earlier on I said there is something wrong with the way you comprehend certain posts and that thisóyou quoting me and asking me what club was referred toówas another example of it. Yet even after that, you apparently could not see what had happened so you posted again even though you were well aware of the reaction that may follow, given the fact that you and I do not get along.

Here it is one more time: there was no point in you asking me what club had been referred to. Instead, Bob was the person you should have asked because it was he who first mentioned that club. All I did was use the same wording Bob used.

Last September I provided you with a specific example from the old HTT relating to your lack of comprehension. If you want more evidence then Iíll post links to a couple of recent discussions here on CAI where similar situations occurred. I even explained things to you then but apparently you still canít work it out. And it isnít just my posts you sometimes fail to understand; at times you fail to comprehend posts by other people as well. Donít believe me? I can post a link if you want to one thread in particular and Iíll even explain what happened with your thinking there.

I am sure regular viewers of this forum are tired of problems between you and I so let this be the end of it. As I said in April, if in future you want to comment regarding one of my posts, by all means do so if you have something constructive to contribute. Otherwise leave it be!
    Eric

Your comment about pastry has the same effect this time as it did the last time: absolutely zero.

Regarding the club initially mentioned on the first page of this thread, it appears you still can’t figure it out so I’ll explain in more detail. There was no point you asking me about the club mentioned. On page one of this thread Bob mentioned a vintage motorcycle club and that he had a discussion with the president of that club. The president thought the C stood for commonwealth.

I told Bob I was intrigued as to why the vintage motorcycle club president in his region thought C stood for commonwealth. I asked Bob if he could elaborate on that and I also asked Bob if he knew what the president’s opinion was based on.

Bob kindly responded, saying he had no clue what the president based his opinion on.

I thanked Bob for his quick reply.

Then you posted, quoting my post in which I had asked Bob why the president of the vintage motorcycle club in his region thought C stood for commonwealth. And you asked me if the vintage motorcycle club I had referred to was the Antique Motorcycle Club of America.

However, it was extremely obvious that all I had done was use the wording that Bob used on page one of this discussion. And that wording was as follows: vintage motorcycle club.

Therefore, Bob would be the person most likely to know more about that vintage motorcycle club. But you didn’t ask Bob. Why not? Instead you asked me. Why ask me? Why didn’t you ask Bob? Why would you think I’d know what club had been referred to?

Earlier on I said there is something wrong with the way you comprehend certain posts and that this—you quoting me and asking me what club was referred to—was another example of it. Yet even after that, you apparently could not see what had happened so you posted again even though you were well aware of the reaction that may follow, given the fact that you and I do not get along.

Here it is one more time: there was no point in you asking me what club had been referred to. Instead, Bob was the person you should have asked because it was he who first mentioned that club. All I did was use the same wording Bob used.

Last September I provided you with a specific example from the old HTT relating to your lack of comprehension. If you want more evidence then I’ll post links to a couple of recent discussions here on CAI where similar situations occurred. I even explained things to you then but apparently you still can’t work it out. And it isn’t just my posts you sometimes fail to understand; at times you fail to comprehend posts by other people as well. Don’t believe me? I can post a link if you want to one thread in particular and I’ll even explain what happened with your thinking there.

I am sure regular viewers of this forum are tired of problems between you and I so let this be the end of it. As I said in April, if in future you want to comment regarding one of my posts, by all means do so if you have something constructive to contribute. Otherwise leave it be!
    Eric
    You sure love to read your own written words. Yada, yada, yada.
    Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member

You guys are too much. However, I'm suddenly craving a bear claw........

Thread Information