Thread: Two wheels vs. two two wheelers...

1. Two wheels vs. two two wheelers...

BONES47FL
    '46 Chief
    '47 FL

Re: Two wheels vs. two two wheelers...

Yeah that is a bit scary, however, a lot of those bicyclists run in packs and completely plug a lane, or weave all over the lanes just havin' fun(?) while endangering their own lives and others as well. I don't know about other areas, but here they don't have to license or carry liability insurance on their bicycles. We have to do both with motorcycles. So all that said, yes the biker may have caused the accident on a blind curve, but the bicyclists should bear some of the responsibility as well. One last thing, we have to pay for bike lanes with our license fees and gas taxes and can't legally use them. The bicyclists in most places don't contribute a red cent for the building, use and maintaining of those lanes.
    I'll get off my soap box now. Ron

3. Re: Two wheels vs. two two wheelers...

Mulholland on weekends gets crazy, especially around the Snake and the Rockstore in the afternoons. Weekends also bring out all the cyclists, some of whom don't ride one up in the bike lanes, but two or three wide. Everybody wants to be like Lance on the weekends, and pretend they are on Le Tour de Malibu. That being said, this motorcyclist fixated on the cyclists, and created a mess. Rnickymouse gets all the local crash footage, most of them sportbikers who have no business being on that road; riding super high performance bikes that are way beyond their experience level. There is even video of a Vespa rider taking himself out at the Snake, right into the guard rail...I guess while they are posing for Paul's pictures, they forget about riding skill...Bones
    Last edited by BONES47FL; 05-07-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    BONES47FL
    '46 Chief
    '47 FL

Yeah well, we've got some idiot riders around here too and some really technically challenging, fun roads that I've seen guys throw away their bikes on and in one case his life.
    Ron

"A man's got to know his limitations." Sadly a lot don't.

Rollo

6. Re: Two wheels vs. two two wheelers...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    "A man's got to know his limitations." Sadly a lot don't.

Rollo
    And that's the problem with this world, in one sentence...Bones
    BONES47FL
    '46 Chief
    '47 FL

I ride a bicycle every day and I agree that there are many A-hole bicyclists. They're such dicks that they even rank themselves above all other bicyclists like me, who don't wear their goofy gear. I also agree that the bicyclist is a guest on roads that were bought, paid for, and built for motor vehicles hence, we should mind our manners. Having said all that, I watch cars, trucks, and motorcycles like I would watch a serial killer at a college sorority.

Eric, I watch everyone out there like that when I'm riding my MC or in my cage. It's called defensive driving, if you don't you'll be damn lucky to make it home alive, what with all the texters and othe brain dead runnin' around out there.

3 years ago a group of 75 -100 bicyclist road through a stop sign all of them not stopping to let cars go from the other direction. problem for the riders was the 3rd car in line was a cop. the officer got out and tried to stop all of them. not one stopped. a quick call on his radio and cops were everywhere. most the officers waited at the top of the hill. by this time the riders got to the top all but 5 had stopped and got warnings on traffic laws. the 5 that left figured their yellow lance armstong jerseys would be faster then the police radio. they got caught. the big talk of the town was how they lost their divers license for a year and got several trespassing fines.( they rode through a closed school yard) they wife and i ride 12-18 miles a night when the weather allows us. we have a lake near by that has a 6 mile loop around it. we both hate the wanabe armstonger they are like drunks on motorcycles. f it up for everybody

Thread Information