Thread: Thinking of parting with my 1926 JD bobber

Thinking of parting with my 1926 JD bobber

I'm thinking about parting with my 1926 Harley JD bobber and I would like to get some ideas on what it is worth. 1926 lower end, 1922-24(?) top end, standard bore with factory pistons, 1928 front fork, WLA front wheel/brake, K model wheel laced to the factory hub and spokes, 1926 tranny. Runs good and is a lot of fun however I would like to do some longer rides. I would be interested in trading it for a 1993 Moo(Cow) Glide. Let me know want you think. Thanks.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Quote Originally Posted by haugster1340 View Post
    I'm thinking about parting with my 1926 Harley JD bobber and I would like to get some ideas on what it is worth. 1926 lower end, 1922-24(?) top end, standard bore with factory pistons, 1928 front fork, WLA front wheel/brake, K model wheel laced to the factory hub and spokes, 1926 tranny. Runs good and is a lot of fun however I would like to do some longer rides. I would be interested in trading it for a 1993 Moo(Cow) Glide. Let me know want you think. Thanks.
    As a "bitsa bike" it's not worth as much as a correct and original one. And JDs don't sell for as much as later models like Knucks, Pans, etc.

Without seeing it, if the bike looks and runs good I'd guess low teens. But that's just a guess.

Either way good luck.
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

I'll guess $10k. Probably double that if you part it out on eBay with good descriptions. Find a kid with time and pay him 10% of gross to disassemble and list. ...bill in oregon

It's a nice looking bobber. Wish I had a Moo Glide to trade you.

I know that it is worth more parting it out but I do not want to take the time to do it nor do I want to do it. I would trade it even up for a Moo Glide or consider an carb powered Evo Heritage plus cash trade. I put this offer on another web site and have had offers on trades. If a Moo Glide or other Heritage does not materialize I guess to eBay it will go.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

6. Photos please.
    Dual Carb - 2 carbs are better than 1

Classic Harley Magazine
    Vincent Motorcycles

Thread Information