Thread: The times they are a changing..

1. The times they are a changing..

If my old man was alive this would have broke his heart.
    Bob Williams

Re: The times they are a changing..

yep. loose life's to em, fight em, bomb em, rebuild em, then buy cars from em. makes sense to me. NOT

Their saving grace is that the car was built at the North American manufacturing plant of Hyundai Motor Manufacturing, in Alabama, It's a "multinational corporation.

Imagine our Alabaman "good ol' boys" helpin' th' Asian engineers and Korean-built automated robots to put those cars together: "Lookie here. I don't know where you learnt 'leftie to tighty,' Yong-san, but on this'side the big pond, it's 'righty to tighty, lefty ta' loosey,' ya'll hear?"
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    AGENT ORRNGE Survivor. So far.
    The Friendly Fire that Keeps on Burnin'.
    F.O.G. member: http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
    www.37UL.com
    "It's a 1937, and the downside is, it's out of warranty"

4. Re: The times they are a changing..

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Their saving grace is that the car was built at the North American manufacturing plant of Hyundai Motor Manufacturing, in Alabama, It's a "multinational corporation.

Imagine our Alabaman "good ol' boys" helpin' th' Asian engineers and Korean-built automated robots to put those cars together: "Lookie here. I don't know where you learnt 'leftie to tighty,' Yong-san, but on this'side the big pond, it's 'righty to tighty, lefty ta' loosey,' ya'll hear?"
    Kinda,
    I spent a solid year in the Hyundai Alabama Plant installing the stamping presses and the Korean workers are everywhere. It is one of the most automated plants I have been in and I have been in Honda, Toyota, Nissan, BMW, and the Big Three. The money is going back to Korea.
    They are moving into the big three now as we speak they are installing Korean machines in Arlington TX GM plant.
    I dont see it as a saving grace I see it as a dodge on import taxes and another step towards the destruction of American Manufacturing and now our Government is putting their plates on them.
    Ok i'm done
    Bob Williams

I think the world shrunk after Nixon's visit to China. I don't mean that in a bad way, but it sure produced mixed blessings. The thing that really bothers me is; America is the ONLY country that practices free trade. If the dirty bastards that represent us in D.C. looked after American workers, Walmart wouldn't be the biggest retailer in the U.S.

Bob, I worked for a big 3 vendor and that is why I would never buy a Toyota. We sold many machines to Honda, and Nissan and I always thought they were good international corporate neighbors. Toyota never bought a thing from us, and our sales people said they brought all their automation, handling, and machine tools in from Japan. If Hyundai is the same as Toyota, then @$&%$ 'em.

Mr. Williams, I hope you got a whole lot of time to spend with me at Oley! lol, Bob Luland

8. Re: The times they are a changing..

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    Bob, I worked for a big 3 vendor and that is why I would never buy a Toyota. We sold many machines to Honda, and Nissan and I always thought they were good international corporate neighbors. Toyota never bought a thing from us, and our sales people said they brought all their automation, handling, and machine tools in from Japan. If Hyundai is the same as Toyota, then @$&%$ 'em.
    Two weeks ago I informed a group that asked us to quote installing presses in South Carolina and B-Ham Alabama that we were not interested in their project. We would not devalue the market or compromise our workers safety by working next to their workers over here on a tourist visa. They felt we could get to their budget by employing ( and i'm using the words they said to me) "ILLEGAL WORKERS FROM MEXICO FOR UNCRATING AND CLEANING MACHINE PARTS BEFORE ASSEMBLY". Conversation over, you can leave now and please don't call again was my response.
    And Axeric, my wife laughs at me because I go to Walmart 1 time a year and walk through the store to make myself mad enuff I wont return for another year. We will be at Oley if you don't believe me ask her!!
    Dad always said I was hard headed, Mom says I'm black or white no grey, my hillbilly wife says ain't got no fetchin up, my son says dictator and he's the tater. Guess they got a point.
    Bob Williams

Thread Information