Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easier Access To Register & Post on Caimag.com

Easier Access To Register & Post on Caimag.com

I will start by apologizing for not better understanding how to run this free forum. It is something Mr Big and I do in our spare (ha!) time.

While we get terrific support here from the members, we are still trying to better learn and understand how to run the forum itself - behind the curtains.

In the last few months we have been slammed by robo-spammers trying to hack in. I am told many public forums are dealing with the same attacks. Some days I'd remove 300 or more spammers trying to register.

On the other hand, I am hearing from many genuine enthusiasts who have not been able to register or post here. If you are one of these people I apologize.

Effective today I have removed most of the banned IPs and will try some other techniques to allow enthusiasts to register and post here. I am open to other suggestions.

If you see an increase in spam, please ban the poster or notify me or Mr Big.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

Re: Easier Access To Register & Post on Caimag.com

It's a tough job and a constant battle, Buzz. I appreciate all the work you and Mark do behind the curtain.
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

Thanks to Buzz, and the administrators that do the (often) thankless job of keeping this soapbox/mma arena going. The longer one visits here the deeper the affection for all the talent, humor, information, and friendships become. Long live CAIMAG!

4. Re: Easier Access To Register & Post on Caimag.com

Keep up this fine work you are doing,we all grateful that you have made this site for us to share our hobby

Best regards Glaser

That explains a lot Buzz! You got me scared for a moment there. Thanks, both of you for running this forum, one of the best. Sorry I can't help with any of this computer wizardry, that's totally out of my legue.

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    Thanks to Buzz, and the administrators that do the (often) thankless job of keeping this soapbox/mma arena going. The longer one visits here the deeper the affection for all the talent, humor, information, and friendships become. Long live CAIMAG!
    Totally agree
    1938 WLDR
    1940 WL (Race Bike)
    1944 WL
    1976 FLH

http://1944WL.webs.com

Has anyone been able to register or post who was not able to until the last day or so?

Wondering if the changes we made are helping?
    Buzz Kanter

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

Good post, Eric. I am grateful Buzz lets me help out here so I can try to give back a little. It's a hoot and a half to hang out with you guys and I am extremely grateful for all the great advice I've received and I hope to return as much as I can.

In addition to the earlier efforts to cut down spamming AND make it easier for legit classic motorcycle enthusiasts to register and to post, I have just deleted several thousand registered members who have not visited here or posted in more than two years.

This cuts the number of registered members here, but I do not believe it will hurt the quality of excellent posts and discussions.

Once again, I suggest all registered members post occasionally to let us know you are still active here. I do not wish to delete active members by mistake.
    Buzz Kanter

Buzz and Mr. Big
    I would like to thank both of you for all the time and work that you put into this site. And I would like thank all all the members for all of the information and advise that they freely share. I visit this site every day and I am amazed at the wealth of knowledge shared here and I have been riding for well over 40 years, and doing the antique thing for over 25.
    Thank You
    Jim D

Thread Information