Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Kickers Rally Davis OK April 25-28 2013

Just Kickers Rally Davis OK April 25-28 2013

Just Kickers Rally April 25-28 2013 Washita Hideway Campgrounds Davis OK
    Ride to & around Arbuckle Mountains in southern Oklahoma. Located basically halfway between Dallas TX & Oklahoma City OK
    on 70 acres. Primative camping with restrooms & hot showers on site, RV camping nearby, civilization minutes away.
    $15.00 gate fee, come & go no-one under 21 due to beer sales. No drama, no BS. It's about the bikes & not the $$.
    I attended one day last year & saw several big flatties, over a dozen knucks, 100+ panheads & more shovels actually being ridden. from Original Paint to fresh off the lift restorations & all types of customs in one place. All makes & models invited.
    This year the Cherokee Chapter of AMCA plans a road ride from Dallas area to the rally (more info as comes avail)
    A Group from OKC will ride down to meet them at rally. Either from OKC or Seaba Station Museum in Warwick OK.
    Will take back roads not interstate, Smaller models & vintage friendly.
    www.justkickers.blogspot.com
    justkickers@yahoo.com

Washita Hideway
    3675 Sooner Road
    Davis OK 73030
    580 465-7772

2. Re: Just Kickers Rally Davis OK April 25-28 2013

We met with Kirk Sharp in Oklahoma at the Jeff Williams Swapmeet, where we had an award winning 150 foot booth of antique motorcycles. Some of the Cherokee Members had attended last years rally, and after talking with Kirk, we not only shared the same values about the vintage machines but also the type of event he was putting on with his Rally. The Cherokee Chapter will have a large presence at this meet and Kirk joined our Chapter showing support for what we were doing as a AMCA Chapter. Strongly recommended for lowkey Vintage Motorcycle Camping. Shelby

3. Re: Just Kickers Rally Davis OK April 25-28 2013

Kirk Sharp emailed me while in Florida to let me know room was set aside for the AMCA members to bring in their truck, trailer, or RV used to bring older bikes to the Just Kickers Rally. Members are encouraged to spread the word that this is a AMCA friendly meet with great riding in the Turner Falls area. We will be spreading the word in a week at the Jefferson Texas Road Run put on by the Cherokee Chapter. www.cherokeeamca.org. Shelby

Re: Just Kickers Rally Davis OK April 25-28 2013

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyinparadise View Post
    Members are encouraged to spread the word that this is a AMCA friendly meet . Shelby
    not to friendly if it's oley weekend

5. Re: Just Kickers Rally Davis OK April 25-28 2013

Snarks are out tonight. lets just call it regional information for those of us that choose to live in the south.

Despite what some may think, this is a really big country! And meets like Oley are far outside the reach of any working class stiff west of the Mississippi who does not make a living vending at AMCA nationals. And even some who do.
    Thanks for posting the the info drinner...

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyinparadise View Post
    Snarks are out tonight. lets just call it regional information for those of us that choose to live in the south.
    Oklahoma isn't in the "south". South of the Mason Dixon line? So isn't Arizona and Texas and many other states, not "south". South of Canada? I live in Vermont, not "south". Oklahoma wasn't even a state until 1907.

8. Re: Just Kickers Rally Davis OK April 25-28 2013

I will say "regional information pertaining to the south central states of the U.S.ofA." if that makes it clearer. I think the main point is to let people in our area, that are not going to Oley, know that our local AMCA members are still free to enjoy a vintage friendly motorcycle rally on that weekend. Shelby

Wish I could go but I live in Vermont

10. Re: Just Kickers Rally Davis OK April 25-28 2013

Sorry about that, but thanks for helping get the word out, Shelby

Thread Information