Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Smart Ebay seller?

Re: Smart Ebay seller?

E-bay is manipulating who see's the search. If you are not a favorite seller they not put your listing in the best places. Some buyer's are just beyond stupid.

last week they had an offer for me i could list up to 350,000 items for free. if i listed every stone from my driveway one by one i would still fall short by 250,000.
    ebay also offers discounts when you reach a specific feedback amount. that's just great. out of my last 80 sales i had 6 people leave feedback. this made ebay lower my seller rating and up my % paid to them.

I hate the bait and switch on eBay. You ask for this, they show you that. Kinda like "if you like your health plan".....

The worst is that Best Match shit. Your through two pages before you realize that it's not newly listed. Bob L

I kind of think its good marketing in my opinion. Sometimes I find stuff that doesn't relate to me but might be interesting to email that to my friend who might need it who didn't know it was there. Would you not buy an nos knuck muffler listed only as shovelhead with a buy it now price of 100.00 or would you email the lister and tell him what he had. I don't own a knuck but I think I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    I kind of think its good marketing in my opinion. Sometimes I find stuff that doesn't relate to me but might be interesting to email that to my friend who might need it who didn't know it was there. Would you not buy an nos knuck muffler listed only as shovelhead with a buy it now price of 100.00 or would you email the lister and tell him what he had. I don't own a knuck but I think I'd buy it.
    i'd email and tell him what he has. why let these knucklehead creeps profit off his lack of knowledge. i do it a let with lionel trains and get a kick out of the arrogant ones that don't want to believe they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Luland View Post
    The worst is that Best Match shit. Your through two pages before you realize that it's not newly listed. Bob L
    It used to stay on Newly Listed even when you typed in a new search, now it changes to best match. It sucks
    "The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.” ~ Jacques Cousteau

Al C

1942 WLA Civy Custom
    1928 JDL Special Sport Solo (Basket)

Back to Sarges point, I run an Ebay store for my business as well as do several searches a day for parts I regularly need. I find I need to do so many "-cheap sunglasses, -women's used xxxl tank tops, -name your crap" exemptions on my saved searches that I rarely use them, as a matter of fact, I run out of space typing these exemptions and throw my ipad in frustration and go shooting pellets at stray cats...and that's Ebays fault!

I agree with Sarge, I think it's deceptive and wastes my time.

I will probably grow up to be a grumpy old dude too.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by dablaze View Post
    Back to Sarges point... as a matter of fact, I run out of space typing these exemptions and throw my ipad in frustration and go shooting pellets at stray cats...and that's Ebays fault!

I agree with Sarge, I think it's deceptive and wastes my time.

I will probably grow up to be a grumpy old dude too.

Craig
    Wonder no more, 'Blaze! Anyone of our age who is recreating by shooting pellets at stray cats, You've arrived! Your black cane and 80-year-old-man, over-glasses sunglasses are on their way to you, compliments of Grumpy Old Men of America, or "Goombah."
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    AGENT ORRNGE Survivor. So far.
    The Friendly Fire that Keeps on Burnin'.
    F.O.G. member: http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
    www.37UL.com
    "It's a 1937, and the downside is, it's out of warranty"

Thread Information