Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Oley

  1. #1

    Oley

    Oley was great. Picked up a nice 1930 101.IMG_0416.jpg
    1934 Chief project
    1941 Chief
    (2) 1941 Sport Scout projects
    1941 Four
    1946 Chief
    1947 Chief project
    1948 Chief project
    1949 mod 149 Arrow
    1949 mod 249 Scout
    1951 mod 251 Warrior project
    1953 Chief
    1958 Indian badged Royal Enfield Patrol.
    1960 G12 Matchless
    2002 FLHT Harley
    1930 Indian 101 Scout
    1946 Chief with sidecar
    1980 Honda CBX 1000
    1975 Honda Gold Wing

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    nashville tn
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: Oley

    we picked up a sweet '38EL on the way home. no gas or oil for 24 years. started on the first kick with the key on after ironing out a couple of small problems for about an hour. result of a conversation i started with a guy at Oley. had to jump on the deal but at the cost of missing sat and sun----worth every penny!!

  3. #3

    Re: Oley

    Quote Originally Posted by flat-happy View Post
    we picked up a sweet '38EL on the way home. no gas or oil for 24 years. started on the first kick with the key on after ironing out a couple of small problems for about an hour. result of a conversation i started with a guy at Oley. had to jump on the deal but at the cost of missing sat and sun----worth every penny!!
    How about some pics?
    1944 WL
    1945 UL
    1984 XLH

    http://1944WL.webs.com

  4. #4

    Re: Oley

    Congrats on picking up the 101, they are a great bike I ride my 101 more than any of my other Indians

  5. #5

    Re: Oley

    Quote Originally Posted by charger49 View Post
    Congrats on picking up the 101, they are a great bike I ride my 101 more than any of my other Indians
    Thanks, I took it for a ride on Sunday. I love it. I think it might become my favorite bike.
    1934 Chief project
    1941 Chief
    (2) 1941 Sport Scout projects
    1941 Four
    1946 Chief
    1947 Chief project
    1948 Chief project
    1949 mod 149 Arrow
    1949 mod 249 Scout
    1951 mod 251 Warrior project
    1953 Chief
    1958 Indian badged Royal Enfield Patrol.
    1960 G12 Matchless
    2002 FLHT Harley
    1930 Indian 101 Scout
    1946 Chief with sidecar
    1980 Honda CBX 1000
    1975 Honda Gold Wing

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,013

    Re: Oley

    Have to Agree , The 101 is just light and Nimble !
    regards Phil

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    nashville tn
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: Oley

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveAus View Post
    How about some pics?
    sorry dave----i haven't taken any pics yet. just been a really busy week in the shop. i WILL get some on here soon. do you know anything about the blue '37 that was on ebay in Australia ? i emailed the guy but didn't hear a word back !!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc

  8. #8

    Re: Oley

    Quote Originally Posted by flat-happy View Post
    sorry dave----i haven't taken any pics yet. just been a really busy week in the shop. i WILL get some on here soon. do you know anything about the blue '37 that was on ebay in Australia ? i emailed the guy but didn't hear a word back !!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc
    WOW, I didn't see that one. Lucky I didn't or I would have lost sleep over it.

    I trawl eBay (as I'm sure many do) and I missed that one but shes a beauty
    1944 WL
    1945 UL
    1984 XLH

    http://1944WL.webs.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    nashville tn
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: Oley

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveAus View Post
    WOW, I didn't see that one. Lucky I didn't or I would have lost sleep over it.

    I trawl eBay (as I'm sure many do) and I missed that one but shes a beauty
    do you know him or anything about the bike or how to get it back to the states Dave? i'm wondering if it actually was for sale since he won't answer emails. any help would be appreciated

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    nashville tn
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: Oley

    Dave he's located in burswood WA----the 37 knuck

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Oley Veteran
    By Jimmy in forum Harley 1936-1964
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 05:43 PM
  2. Who's going to Oley in April?
    By 2vls in forum Events, Rides & Rallies
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 08:12 PM
  3. Oley
    By Vintage229 in forum Classic Motorcycle Clubs & Web Sites
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 12:22 PM
  4. Oley Meet Anyone?
    By Buzz_Kanter in forum Classic Motorcycle Clubs & Web Sites
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 03:20 PM
  5. Oley anyone?
    By Buzz_Kanter in forum Events, Rides & Rallies
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 10:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •