Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maiden voyage and Shake down cruise of my 59 FL

Re: Maiden voyage and Shake down cruise of my 59 FL

Mine will never leak or "sump" oil into the cases and spit out a hairball, unless It is at a yuppie coffee shop, parked next to twinkies!! LOL

Sounds like you are having more fun than a guy can put a price on! Cool beans mang!
    Trust Jesus

Mine will never leak or "sump" oil into the cases and spit out a hairball, unless It is at a yuppie coffee shop, parked next to twinkies!! LOL

It's just showin it's displeasure at your choise of parking spots lol.
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Thanks, yeah I hear that, I'm sure I provided some fine entertainment for more than a few folks, (hard to look cool lurching thru stops lol). I wish I was in Wyoming to ride with ya, beautiful country. I lived in Montana for 20 years and loved it, best rideing in the world in my opinion. I was about an hour south of Glacier up in the Northwest:
    were you in Kalispel? I just got back from Browning/ Cut Bank east side of Glacier, I've got a couple of jobs in that area right now. I've never rode through Glacier, but need to do that. Yellowstone is great riding early or late as it gets thick with traffic all summer long. Beartooths/Grand Tetons are a great places to ride also.

I 2nd the 0000 steel wool, I have used it numerous times to take oil and boot marks off pipes, I use it with chrome polish hovever, thanks, Larry

were you in Kalispel? I just got back from Browning/ Cut Bank east side of Glacier, I've got a couple of jobs in that area right now. I've never rode through Glacier, but need to do that. Yellowstone is great riding early or late as it gets thick with traffic all summer long. Beartooths/Grand Tetons are a great places to ride also.

I was between Kalispel and Missoula. This photo was taken in Glacier, it doesn't get as much traffic as Yellowstone but I would avoid the weekends as "Going to the sun road" can get dangerous with too much traffic and people of various driving skills The ride around Flathead Lake is another great ride with beautiful curves and great scenery and little traffic weekdays. I sure do miss the west.

Another view of Glacier (4 wheels though)
    Last edited by Jimmy; 04-25-2012 at 07:17 AM.
    Jimmy

Thanks for the tips everyone. I used 0000 steel wool and Goop hand cleaner and it removed it perfectly.
    Jimmy

nice lookin Jeep, do you still have it?

No, I sold it before I came east. I loved the Jeep it was a 1955 CJ and not suited for todays highway speeds, it was screamin at 55 mph. I used it on the forest service and old logging roads. I liked to just ride them old dirt roads and see where we would end up. I discovered lots of old mines and abandon cabins.

A forest Service cabin:

An old homestead cabin in the Missions:

Jimmy

Jimmy,
    Cool Jeep. My Dad had a '70's vintage CJ 5 with a V8. We used to take it back on the logging roads in West Virginia. We met some good folks living back in there, very isolated. At times we had to make ramps or cut logs blocking the roads. One family we came upon invited us in & showed us a few of their prized rifles. One was home made & resembled a scaled up muzzle loader. The stock was whittled out of a log & the barrel was octagon but cannon sized. He asked if anyone wanted to shoot it & I volunteered. He wedged the stock into a tractor tire laying on the ground & he told me to lay down on it. Heh heh,man that thing was a trip! Eventually, my bro-in-law rolled the Jeep. As you know, the short wheel base is squirrely at high speed.

Beautiful country side. I live in the Pocano Mnts. of PA. Our Mnts. are of no comparison. Must be nice riding there.

Thread Information