Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy seat 47/48

Re: Buddy seat 47/48

Making a reproduction seat for an unrestored bike and installing an original seat are like comparing apples to oranges. Like I said before and I will repeat it again as far as seats go, A shiny fancy new repop seat on an original paint and or unrestored bike stands out like a diamond stuck in a goats ass. If you are walking around a bike show or a farm yard they are both very very easy to spot. 56
    56 Hummer
    305 Honda Basketcase
    Old Beat Up Homemade Minibike
    My original Tricycle from when I was 3 year old

Hog54. You are very correct that a seat could possibly be reproduced for far less money. Some items cannot be reproduced. Examples are some HD seats such as those covered in Royalite. A matching material to the original is very difficult to find and the top level seat restorers don't like to touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hog54 View Post
    Heres the same seat frame.What would it cost to make it look the same,maybe a $1000,$1500?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Buddy-Se...66468034196396
    You are missing the point altogether. Either it's original, or it's not. Big difference in value. Sure, you could get it close, but not perfect, and still distinguishable.

Quote Originally Posted by fifty6 View Post
    Making a reproduction seat for an unrestored bike and installing an original seat are like comparing apples to oranges. Like I said before and I will repeat it again as far as seats go, A shiny fancy new repop seat on an original paint and or unrestored bike stands out like a diamond stuck in a goats ass. If you are walking around a bike show or a farm yard they are both very very easy to spot. 56

Well a NOS seat would look the same way,out of place.
    Last edited by Hog54; 04-22-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Arguing with you is senseless. At least I feel I somewhat maybe accomplished that I maybe kind of got you to realize somewhat maybe half heartedly I think maybe just maybe that a repop recovered seat does not belong on an original unrestored bike hopefully maybe kind of maybe? 56
    56 Hummer
    305 Honda Basketcase

So your saying a brand new oem seat like this will look better on an unrestored bike than a brand new restored seat?Hmm

There is no problem making a new patinaed seat to match an original paint bike as long as that is the way it is presented and not to lie about it----

Quote Originally Posted by hog54 View Post
    so your saying a brand new oem seat like this will look better on an unrestored bike than a brand new restored seat?hmm
    ...........................................amen..! ............................................
    56 Hummer
    305 Honda Basketcase

Quote Originally Posted by Hog54 View Post
    So your saying a brand new oem seat like this will look better on an unrestored bike than a brand new restored seat?Hmm
    Did your mother do drugs while you were in the womb? Maybe a fifth of jack everyday? You surely are joking, because I find it hard to believe there is someone that stupid on this earth that hasn't been taken out of the gene pool. Ok, I'll be respectful from now on, but c'mon dude, wise up or go play on the barney blogs.

wouldn't you just love being a fly on the wall just to see where it is coming from...whew!
    56 Hummer
    305 Honda Basketcase

Thread Information