Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help with information on a 1917 v-twin F- Head

Re: Need help with information on a 1917 v-twin F- Head

Nah, they aren't working here either !

Quote Originally Posted by mmasahd View Post
    All of your photo albums are empty. What's up? Is the problem on my end?
    nope it's empty here also. i think you need to join facebook to see it. so i most likely wont see them

3. Re: Need help with information on a 1917 v-twin F- Head

sorry about that im not sure what happend but this should work i double checked. Enjoy!!
    http://s1254.photobucket.com/albums/...ile%20Uploads/

4. Re: Need help with information on a 1917 v-twin F- Head

"This is a Private Album

Please enter the password from album Darren_Shefter to view this private album."

2000 Indian Chief
    1947 Indian Chief Bobber
    1947 Indian Chief Basket
    1928 Indian 4, model 401
    1998 Ducati ST2 "Touring Bike"
    Ugly-Ass Tote Gote

Password please Darren or make the album public.

Thanks

Dave

6. Re: Need help with information on a 1917 v-twin F- Head

Photos are up sorry I am new to this !! did not no u have to change pictures to public viewing ! anyone with knowledge please write back i may also have frame but still need to tlk to owner

I could view the pics just fine on the first link! Great find!

Apart from the magneto (wrong make) and the top motor mount ( home made) it looks like a complete and correct 1917 engine. The L in the VIN denotes that it is an eLectric model and should be fitted with a Remy model 250 generator. That may be a problem if you intend on doing a correct restoration as those generators are VERY VERY VERY rare. They were a poor design, and when Harley started using a new style of Remy generator in early 1918, I suspect that most of the early generators found their way into the scrap heap when they required service. If you are serious, I have a restorable one that I would consider selling. Send me a PM if interested.
    The shift lever you have is just a standard 1916-1924 lever.
    If you have a line on a frame, and it is correct for the year ( frames change subtly in most every year) then grab it. A good frame is almost worth more than your motor.
    Value? Your motor would sell for between $2500 and $4000 depending on who absolutely HAS to have it today. Parted out, it would fetch about $3000.
    Good condition loop frames are fetching $2500 a $3500 now as they have gotten quite scarce.
    If you have a more specific question, just ask.
    Hope that helps.
    Mark Masa

9. Re: Need help with information on a 1917 v-twin F- Head

Great find. Any idea if it has matching cases (same numbers on the bottom of both cases)? If you ever consider selling the engine please contact me: gsxrspot@gmail.com.

10. Re: Need help with information on a 1917 v-twin F- Head

Thank you mark for the info , and yes speedy i am interested in selling it just not until i have it apprised in person, i have several people contacting me wanting this motor and driving some distance just to look at it when i first found it and went around asking about it, every single personi showed was very impressed and mad offers on it. from $200 all the way up to $2,500 and am currently in the process of talking to someone who is willing to pay big bucks for the motor and I was told from a friend of a friend that he is going to offer me over $6,000 if it is ligit when i take it to show him. but even if i were to go to him and he offered over $6000 i wouldnt sell before i make a trip to york to the Harley museum to get appraised. I still want to know for sure what someone thinks of it in person and that would deff be the place to take it ! i just want to know for sure so it doesnt come back to bite me. Anymore infor would be appreciated . If interested in motor contact me and make an offer!!!!!!
    -Darren

Thread Information