Thread: aprox value??

aprox value??

we have a customer that may sell his 1958 duo-glide with a matching sidecar. he bought the bike from us in about 1974 and from what i can tell it is pretty original, except the paint job and he converted it to 12 volt, also i am assuming that the bike and side hack were ordered together as the bike has a 3spd with reverse tranny. i do not have any pics of it as he is about 80 yrs old and can't email me any. soooo,,, i think he will take between 18 and 22k for the bike and sidecar,,, is that a good buy? gawwddd, i think my wife is gonna kill me!!! LOL!!

Re: aprox value??

That's probably what it's worth, retail, judging just from your description, for a nice, first year Duo-Glide. Sidecar, up to about $5K itself. Get some pics up here for a closer look.
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    F.O.G. member: http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
    www.37UL.com
    "It's a 1937, and the downside is, it's out of warranty"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    That's probably what it's worth, retail, judging just from your description, for a nice, first year Duo-Glide. Sidecar, up to about $5K itself. Get some pics up here for a closer look.
    Feeling OK Sarge? WOW! Agreeing on a price of something with someone? I think it's gonna snow in Florida tonight? Good Job! 56

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    we have a customer that may sell his 1958 duo-glide with a matching sidecar. he bought the bike from us in about 1974 and from what i can tell it is pretty original, except the paint job and he converted it to 12 volt, also i am assuming that the bike and side hack were ordered together as the bike has a 3spd with reverse tranny. i do not have any pics of it as he is about 80 yrs old and can't email me any. soooo,,, i think he will take between 18 and 22k for the bike and sidecar,,, is that a good buy? gawwddd, i think my wife is gonna kill me!!! LOL!!
    tomcat- Have you by any chance looked at the Sidecar Chassis Number and to see if there is a number tag inside the tub? I'm looking at a 59FL ex-Police with a hack that has been together since at least 1968 and i've discovered a few things i'm not sure about myself? 56

Quote Originally Posted by fifty6 View Post
    Feeling OK Sarge? WOW! Agreeing on a price of something with someone? I think it's gonna snow in Florida tonight? Good Job! 56
    Well, it did snow in San Diego (county) is that close enough?

Quote Originally Posted by fifty6 View Post
    tomcat- Have you by any chance looked at the Sidecar Chassis Number and to see if there is a number tag inside the tub? I'm looking at a 59FL ex-Police with a hack that has been together since at least 1968 and i've discovered a few things i'm not sure about myself? 56
    sorry,,it's been crazy busy here,, it looks like the old guy sold the rig for 20k,, i would have loved to buy it but i am running out of room, and i never had a chance to see it in person. it sounds like one of our good customers bought it so i should be able to get a close look at it and if i do i will snap a few pics and post them...

Thread Information