Thread: 47 Blues

47 Blues

Todays weather was a perfect 24C this moring and David(47 Chief) and I went for a Bakery Run down to The Southern Vales Wine district Of South Australia
    Was the First ride on Carolyns 47 following the small accident requiring new Front Forks and Fender! ,Both bikes went well as ususal !
    Regards Phil

Re: 47 Blues

Looking good. Congrats on the rebuild and have fun.
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Forum Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Harley magazine
    Classic Harley Classic Harley Info
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

Blue is good!
    Looks like a nice destination for a ride as well!

There has to be a Bakery somewhere on the ride - this one is good for Cornish pasties (bet I have to explain that). The bins don't add much to the photo.
    Dam - we have to go there again this Sunday for a club run - such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by 47chief View Post
    There has to be a Bakery somewhere on the ride - this one is good for Cornish pasties (bet I have to explain that). The bins don't add much to the photo.
    Dam - we have to go there again this Sunday for a club run - such is life.
    And there is a Problem in two visits to a great Bakery David...... Hahhahaha Only for our waist lines!

Are Cornish pastries similar to what my in-laws in New Zealand would call "Savory Pies?" Last time I saw two blues together was at Davenport about three years ago, looking good!
    I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure - Clarence Darrow

"All that a fella has to do, is ride into that Union Camp, raise his right hand and swear as such that you'll be loyal to the United States, and he can take up his horse again, and go home." Yeah, Right...

1947 Indian Chief
    2012 Indian Chief

A Pasty from Bakeries here is South Aus are a mix of Vegetables and sometimes meat!
    A Pie is all meat in Gravy,usually round or square .
    Cornish pasties usually have lots of Bulked up pastry ,used by Cornish miners in days gone by to hold the the food with their dirty hands and could have a apple pie one end and typical veg and meat at the other ,shaped like a rounded of triangle !

Thanks for the clarification! I know when I hit the shores of New Zealand, I stop at a dairy and get one of those savory pies-off the chain good! We don't have them in the states, just chicken pies and they are usually frozen with peas and carrots in them and they suck! I'll be there in May can't wait. My in-laws are in their late 80's and I try to get over at least once a year. Wife goes 4 times. Good thing is they live across the street from Pukekohe Park. There is an antique bike show there once a year and Indian is well represented. Ever been?

http://www.barnstormers.co.nz/?p=824
    I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure - Clarence Darrow

"All that a fella has to do, is ride into that Union Camp, raise his right hand and swear as such that you'll be loyal to the United States, and he can take up his horse again, and go home." Yeah, Right...

1947 Indian Chief
    2012 Indian Chief

Thread Information