Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: I can't pray

  1. I can't pray

    After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said "Let me see if I've got this right. You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning. You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride. You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.
    You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams.
    You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone , newsletter, and report card. You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps. You want me to do all this and then you tell me. . . I CAN'T PRAY?"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    back at South Bend
    Posts
    873

    Re: I can't pray

    Quote Originally Posted by the red fox View Post
    After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said "Let me see if I've got this right. You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning. You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride. You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.
    You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams.
    You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone , newsletter, and report card. You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps. You want me to do all this and then you tell me. . . I CAN'T PRAY?"
    So true, sad but true.
    A poor boy plays by poor boy ways

  3. #3

    Re: I can't pray

    98% is parental responsibility.Yet there are those willing to let someone else do it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    new britain pa
    Posts
    2,038

    Re: I can't pray

    Quote Originally Posted by the red fox View Post
    a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps. "
    this part is not ture!

  5. #5

    Re: I can't pray

    i agree , our teachers around here start at 50, some that have been here for 20 now receive 100,not bad for only working 9 months , plus they get xmas , turkey day , winter break , spring break etc etc AND once they are tenured they cant be fired . i dont want to hear how bad a teacher has it nowadays .back in the day a teacher would jack you up if you got mouthy, now they just call the cops ............lets not get started on cops either ,another group sucking on the tax payers tit.
    GIVE NO QUARTER!!

  6. #6

    Re: I can't pray

    Quote Originally Posted by chibobber View Post
    98% is parental responsibility.Yet there are those willing to let someone else do it.
    Yes and the screwed up system taught those parents as well. Those who did not permit the systems "raise a child brain washing" to sink in, have resorted to permiting someone else to raise their kids. WHY ? Because new law and regulation have truned legitimate parental disipline into the legitimate child abuse catagory. Parents have no control over their own offspring today ! Hypocracy it is.... Parents are instructed to use the "time out" procedure as disipline, which is a joke not worth telling, and gov will stand those future adult kids in front of a firing squad, as a result of their systematic up bringing techinics. From the media, television programming, to music, etc., our kids are bombarded with destructive thoughts and morals. This has been going on for the last several generations. It is a long road back to the starting line now.

  7. #7

    Re: I can't pray

    well said paps ...........you have to picture it this way also ....here comes a brand new little mind into kindergarten for the first time .that little brain is at the mercy of whatever views that PARTICULAR teacher wants to impress upon your child , you have no say in the matter 'cause your not there.this will continue through that little persons entire schooling experience , so your kid will end up having his/her mind molded by who knows what personal ,political and religous beliefs may be out there .my wife and i got lucky as we live in a small town where the graduating class is 60 or so kids ,everyone knows everyone so at least you get a hint of what is being taught.i cant imagine sending my kid to a school with 750-1000 grads , in fact i wouldnt , i would home school.i dont know if it will ever come back to some sort of order .
    GIVE NO QUARTER!!

  8. #8

    Re: I can't pray

    Quote Originally Posted by CHEIFRIDER View Post
    well said paps ...........you have to picture it this way also ....here comes a brand new little mind into kindergarten for the first time .that little brain is at the mercy of whatever views that PARTICULAR teacher wants to impress upon your child , you have no say in the matter 'cause your not there.this will continue through that little persons entire schooling experience , so your kid will end up having his/her mind molded by who knows what personal ,political and religous beliefs may be out there .my wife and i got lucky as we live in a small town where the graduating class is 60 or so kids ,everyone knows everyone so at least you get a hint of what is being taught.i cant imagine sending my kid to a school with 750-1000 grads , in fact i wouldnt , i would home school.i dont know if it will ever come back to some sort of order .
    Again...well said Bro ! Folks do not realise Japan did just that very same thing before WWII with their malible youth. Why else would any one become a Kamikaze ? Or a middle eastern child, or young adult, wear a pack of explosives into a crowd of people ? It is only because the sytems they live or lived under got hold of them while they could be brain washed and molded.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    242

    Re: I can't pray

    Speaking of Japan...in the late 30's the USA sent mountains and mountains of scrap steel to Japan via ship. ( take a look in the old Life magazines ) We actually helped them build their war machine. Some things never change. Well...... except that most of our foundarys and steel mills are long gone.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •