Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1ndian 841 recent barnfind

Re: 1ndian 841 recent barnfind

thanks for the info on the vin placement,will get to it soon.............the ex is my baby,i will get a thread started on it sometime soon............skateboarding? no this is a photo studio!
    Last edited by old n rusty; 03-29-2012 at 12:22 PM.

2. Re: 1ndian 841 recent barnfind

Ziggy picked up a pair of 841's at Dixon last year that appeared to be race bikes of some sort, lots of modified speed stuff inside, different bearing & pistons etc. Sputhe crawled all through the stuff, someone had spent a lot of time and effort on those engines, lots of modifications and some great workmanship

2000 Indian Chief
    1947 Indian Chief Bobber
    1947 Indian Chief Basket
    1928 Indian 4, model 401
    1998 Ducati ST2 "Touring Bike"
    Ugly-Ass Tote Gote

Quote Originally Posted by old n rusty View Post
    thanks for the info on the vin placement,will get to it soon.............the ex is my baby,i will get a thread started on it sometime soon............skateboarding? no this is a photo studio!
    I would be anxious to see an Excelsior thread get started. I've been working on my '16 Ex and taking pictures of the motor, and trans work as I go. I plan to re-paint the bike as I've never been happy with paint work. I'll probably start a thread on the AMCA site as this forum is basically a Harley site. No offense, I love Harleys and this is a fantastic forum for H-Ds with a lot of very knowledgable people. Just not so much for Excelsiors.

sweet,i will work on getting one started on the 21 ex...........believe it or not 2 days after bringing the 3 barn bikes home i had another chance meeting with a fella who took me to an even sweeter find........running 1915 excelsior,yes as soon as its here i will take some glamour shots!...............love those boobs by the way!

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

man,anybody know whats what about these badges?

Those emblems were used from 1942-1946.

But I have read, also as Chris mentioned previously, that they all went to military contracts... and I didn't think the military spec would include tank emblems???
    1946 Chief - take apart and put back together

I'm sure you're right Pisten-Bully, but I know a lot of 841s have been civilianized, like the Harley XA. There was a fellow in Orlando that had an overchromed, civilian 841 that had those emblems.

hey guys,thanks for the feedback! so i did a bit of digging and found those badges on the same era indians...............but still scratching my head on the "why"..........could this be one of the "essential" bikes i read about during war time? this bike is totally odd to me and i love learning,thanks for any and all info!

Thread Information