Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian Frank Generator Service

Re: Indian Frank Generator Service

gotta agree with t- bone on that last comment , me thinks if ya have a "four " you enter another world ...........i think sarge hangs out there abit..ncz .....?cant remember the rest . anyways , indian people are wierdos , and the four crowd and thier mannerisms are, to say the least, entertaining !it's almost surreal (sic)when you talk to some of these folks.
    GIVE NO QUARTER!!

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    emailed frank and asked him if he offers 12 volt reg. he emailed me back telling me he does 12 volt conversions. i emailed him back telling him mine is allready converted to 12 volts i need a reg. he emailed me back saying sorry i ain't in the parts biz.
    T-bone, any chance there's a miscommunication going on here? I just wonder if he'd be willing to convert your existing regulator to 12V, but he might have thought you simply wanted to purchase a regulator all by itself with no core to trade. Could be an issue of obtaining decent cores...they might be kinda hard to come by. He's a good guy, doesn't seem like he'd throw away the business of a regulator conversion just because you you didn't have your gennie done by him. Just a thought!
    1946 Chief - take apart and put back together
    101 Scout - building stage

That could be the case. At least I hope it is. He has always been very helpful to me. He does have a way of communicating that may be mis-understood. LOL. He did the electronic conversion on my old cut-out and it works great but he also re-did my genny for me at the same time. It was pricey but as in life you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisten-Bully View Post
    T-bone, any chance there's a miscommunication going on here? I just wonder if he'd be willing to convert your existing regulator to 12V, but he might have thought you simply wanted to purchase a regulator all by itself with no core to trade. Could be an issue of obtaining decent cores...they might be kinda hard to come by. He's a good guy, doesn't seem like he'd throw away the business of a regulator conversion just because you you didn't have your gennie done by him. Just a thought!
    nope just let me know he's not in the parts biz. i would be more than happy to trade my old in for new but that option never came up. gene harper sells a real nice regulator but not in 12 volts. he is at www.splitdorfreg.com.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEIFRIDER View Post
    gotta agree with t- bone on that last comment , me thinks if ya have a "four " you enter another world ...........i think sarge hangs out there abit..ncz .....?cant remember the rest . anyways , indian people are wierdos , and the four crowd and thier mannerisms are, to say the least, entertaining !it's almost surreal (sic)when you talk to some of these folks.
    i got to say the folks who love the old indians are true enthusiasts. you would have to be to put up with the greedy weirdos that supply the parts and services. when i get this one of mine dialed in it will be looking for a new home. dealing with these guys is to painfull.

yep........and it would take me selling both my chiefs to get one , and even then i probably wouldnt have enough dough.

ps NCC-1701 is what i was gettin at in my last post ...tom
    GIVE NO QUARTER!!

These guys might re-build yours for 12V : http://www.acewichita.com/index.html
    1946 Chief - take apart and put back together
    101 Scout - building stage

Quote Originally Posted by Ar Amytas View Post
    I think that Indian Frank repaired my 32E and it has been running fine for years
    For HD 32E call Dale Cashman great fast
    Priced at 400 with out a trade in guy is the best
    And not over priced like the 500 and up guys

Every seat has an ass, It's not what you know, it's who, It's not who you know, it's what, and in the end, you choose who to do buisness with. They don't call him "Indian Frank", to do Harley work. He did great by me. I'm still riding my 4 from then and it's perfect.
    Last edited by HDpanman; 05-09-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HDpanman View Post
    Every seat has an ass, It's not what you know, it's who, It's not who you know, it's what, and in the end, you choose who to do buisness with. They don't call him "Indian Frank", to do Harley work. He did great by me. I'm still riding my 4 from then and it's perfect.
    t-bone said, "tried to buy a 12 volt regulator for my indian 4 from frank yesterday. " He wasn't asking for H-D parts, or services...
    98 FLSTC TRIKE
    60 VW TRIKE-HOMEMADE
    68 TRIUMPH 650 TIGER CHOPPER

You Ain't A Man Till You've Rode A Pan, I'm A Man...

Thread Information