Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Daytime driving lights on antique motorcycles.

Re: Daytime driving lights on antique motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by nuklhd View Post
    I always use hand signals. what amazes me is how 99% of the other people on bikes think i'm waving.
    I wonder how many folks know what were doing? its the right hand turn signal, that makes me look like the wooden indian outside a tabacco store!!

What tickles me the most is to watch someone give the hand signal to turn right, then turn lerft....!!
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

I've always used hand signals & have my headlight on. It really ticked me off when auto manufacturers started making cars with daytime lights.
    That took our visibility edge away. These days it probably doesn't matter what we do, we'll just get rear ended by a texter.

i use hand signals all the time ......it sure makes for a busy ride when you're in traffic! .(left throttle .....signal ....shift.....throttle .....signal......etc etc)i brought my 48 chief to daytona a few years ago, put on 2200 miles down there with mrs. cheifrider on the back 99% of the time .last time me or the bike go to daytona. clutches got so hot they started chattering on engagement, when i got home i went to a kevlar setup.
    GIVE NO QUARTER!!

[i use hand signals all the time ......it sure makes for a busy ride when you're in traffic! .(left throttle .....signal ....shift.....throttle .....signal......etc etc,] Amen to that, I use hand signals myself,(no choice), I think for people that are looking ,(and know what they mean),it may be more noticable. Tim

I always use hand signals and turn signals. When I ride with bikes I use standard bike hand signals, but when I ride alone I point my arm straight out to the left for a left turn and straight out to the right for a right turn. 90% of people in cars don't even know half of the normal road rules besides bike hand signals. I will bet if you use the standard bike right turn hand signal you just distract and confuse them.

7. Re: Daytime driving lights on antique motorcycles.

I just had the 56 inspected and was disappointed that he didn't check my newly fixed turn signals. He did say that not having the brake light work with the front brake was a problem. I convinced him that was the way it came from the factory and he passed it.

Thread Information