Thread: Spring Fever

Spring Fever

Great to see so many bikes on the road in northeast. Its been a mild winter, but the last week or so of 70 degree weather really seems to have motivated people to get riding, including me. My '58 and '65 Pans are both coming out of my basement today, where they have been hibernating for the winter. Also planning to get a plug and fix the tire on my Dyna, which has been sitting flat with a nail in it since I pulled in from a ride last fall. Tells you how busy I have been......hope the it stays dry in CT. Its looking a little ify today. I'll try to get some pictures up if I can.
    Dean
    "A bike on the road is worth 2 in the shed"

Re: Spring Fever

Dean, about time. Missed riding with you over the very mild winter here in Connecticut. I have to get some miles on my 1955 Moto Guzzi 250 Airone before the Motogiro a month away. My Knucklehead also needs to stretch its legs a bit more.
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Forum Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Harley magazine
    Classic Harley Classic Harley Info
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

spent the winter waiting for the big storm that never came, so the bikes stayed warm, dry and inside. Enough of that!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmf1 View Post
    spent the winter waiting for the big storm that never came, so the bikes stayed warm, dry and inside. Enough of that!!
    Now it will snow...!
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

it was great weather for riding this week up here in Ontario, Canada, had my 46 Indian Chief out a couple of times, it was a good test to see if I did a good job of putting my carburetor back together (this was the first time I had ever taken one apart and it seems to be holding up). I put on a couple hundred miles this week, bike is running great,

I got wind from the inlaws in Ottawa that they were heading out to shop for an air conditioner!!!! It's still snowing here in the west on an almost daily basis!!!

Great riding weather in Utah. 70 degrees and clear skies.
    Fabe
    '41 FL
    '64 FL
    '01 FXDWG2
    '09 FXDL
    '12 FLD

Quote Originally Posted by Bigincher View Post
    Now it will snow...!
    Ha! ABSOLUTELY Big! After being out of power for 5 days last fall, I finally got a generator. That means no power outages for awhile either :+)

9. Re: Spring Fever

Quote Originally Posted by dmf1 View Post
    Great to see so many bikes on the road in northeast. Its been a mild winter, but the last week or so of 70 degree weather really seems to have motivated people to get riding, including me. My '58 and '65 Pans are both coming out of my basement today, where they have been hibernating for the winter. Also planning to get a plug and fix the tire on my Dyna, which has been sitting flat with a nail in it since I pulled in from a ride last fall. Tells you how busy I have been......hope the it stays dry in CT. Its looking a little ify today. I'll try to get some pictures up if I can.
    Dean
    just curious how many of you "old timers" will plug a motorcycle tire? (note "old timers"----the guys with alot of time and mileage )

Thread Information