Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Meat - 50' Pan

Re: New Meat - 50' Pan

Looks good. Hope you have lots of great miles and smiles with it. And welcome to the forum.
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Forum Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Harley magazine
    Classic Harley Classic Harley Info
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

Quote Originally Posted by cdndewey View Post
    Welcome tcb...nice score, looks great. Does it have all three sargeant stripes on the other side?
    Welcome aboard TCB. I see you have the rare Corporal stripes on her.
    Fabe
    '41 FL
    '64 FL
    '01 FXDWG2
    '09 FXDL
    '12 FLD

Very nice pan TCB. I hope one day to add a rigid pan to my garage. For now I am enjoying my Duo-Glide.

Welcome to the forum.

Mike
    Michael Goehring

2005 FLHRCI

1962 FLF

Very Nice this is definitely the place to show it the knowledge here is invaluable

Quote Originally Posted by Rubone View Post
    Glad to see you Doug,
    Welcome to the lighter side of forum trolling!!
    Robbie
    Robbie,

My ol' pal from 2 or 3 other forums! Wow, we keep turning up like a bad habit, don't we :P

When I said I learned quite a bit about my pan already, it was because of this guy!!

Nice to be on board here to. Lot's of good info to go through. Thanks for the welcome!

Doug
    POW/MIA You are NOT forgotten. - To our servicemen and servicewomen, THANK YOU for your sacrifice.

AMCA #21077

1950 FL Hydra-Glide

Quote Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
    Howdy gang. New meat here with a 50' FL HydraGlide. I was finally able to buy this ol' girl after 10 years of trying. It had been sitting covered in a garage since 1972. This is my first pan and I have already learned a great deal about it. I ride the heck out of it and out of the many bikes I've owned, I'll never get rid of this one.

Not one comment about something incorrect on this beautiful Pan? Isn't there a screw or a spoke or something someone sees?? I've been less active in here over the winter, but seems like this forum has gotten a little soft!! :+) Just kidding!! This is a really great looking machine and I love that you "ride the heck out of it". I am a big fan of the Pan era -- have a 57, 58, 59 w/ sidecar and a 65. I ride the heck out of mine too -- or at least try too when I have time. Maybe a Knuck someday -- if Knuckle-mania prices every come back to earth.
    Dean
    "A bike on the road is worth 2 in the shed"

Quote Originally Posted by Fabe View Post
    Welcome aboard TCB. I see you have the rare Corporal stripes on her.
    Good one Fabe. I'm asking so I can keep an eye out for one if required.

You guys are killing me!! My corporal ranking has turned to full sergeant a few weeks ago. I found a broken set of stripes that included the one on the side you see, and 2 on the other side.

Dean, love your comment. It had several non correct year parts on it when I first got it home like incorrect windshield, luggage rack, etc, etc, etc, that I took off because I thought it was sacrilege..... But after a while, I realized that I wasn't going for a 100 point correct AMCA bike, I wanted a reliable RIDER! Heck, the paint don't even match, but she's my pride and joy. I love the fact that it leaks, it backfires on first live kickover, and that I have to clean the fuel filter out before every ride.

It's a mongrel, but I love it that way!

Hold on, I do treat it to a good drink of 93 octane every once in a while...

Pics of when she was pulled on into the light after 40 years:

Last edited by tcb-1; 03-24-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    POW/MIA You are NOT forgotten. - To our servicemen and servicewomen, THANK YOU for your sacrifice.

AMCA #21077

1950 FL Hydra-Glide

Thread Information