Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Kiwi Indian Chief on Cross Country Ride to Motorcycle Kickstart Classic

Re: New Kiwi Indian Chief on Cross Country Ride to Motorcycle Kickstart Classic

What are the prices? Mike

As previously stated. “Not to insult anyone” I did not call his bikes a Fake.
    But for the money, Why not buy a real Springfield Indian. That will only go up in value.
    Again who is buying them? From what I was told. You don’t get a Title or a Certificate of origin.
    How do you register them. What about the EPA. And I have dealt/bought From Mike.

I like the 1920s 101 Chout
    '47 EL
    '00 FLSTC

But there's booze in the blender
    And soon it will render
    That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

You never get better....you just get less awful. Joe Walsh

I cannot comment on the legalities of registering such a bike in the USA, but the problem for Phil and I (and anyone in OZ) would be getting an import license. These bikes would be classed as new manufacture (which they are) and if they did not have an approved Australian engineering certificate (or whatever they call it) they would not be allowed in. There is no way they could be classed as historic. Importing a true historic bike is easy enough if you follow the approval requirements.
    I did hear on the grapevine that one got into the Eastern states but don't know how or if its true.
    So who would buy them - I guess depending on price and if they could be bought in here legally - Phil, Rob (fellow local riding mate) and myself might consider it. We all like to ride 40's Indians, none of us have "modern" bikes and probably never will - but one of the Kiwi bikes would be fun to ride - hopefully go better than an oldie and certainly brake better. But just dreaming.

Thread Information