Thread: Does anyone know Boston PD paint Colors?

1. Does anyone know Boston PD paint Colors?

Hi all. Can anyone confirm what color scheme a 1964 Boston P.D. Duoglide would have? The bike has black and white gas tanks, and white fenders. I know it isn't original paint. The history on my bike is sketchy because I have spoken to a previous owner who swears it was (is) a Boston bike, and that he has paperwork, and even allegedly traced the original officer that used it daily through the current Boston PD? which sounds unlikely to me. However he has 'misplaced' the paperwork and history and can't find the box amongst his massive load of junk that he admits he lives in. I am convinced it is a genuine cop bike, but If I believe it is from Boston, could it be from the Sherrifs dept, Highway Patrol, City, State police? Would any of these be black and white? The only known 'Boston' bike pic's I have managed to find have all been Silver with Black Saddlebags. Also, In either color, I would appreciate any info or pics of the decals that would have been correct in 1964. Thanks in anticipation.
    Grahame.

Re: Does anyone know Boston PD paint Colors?

I found this picture on the internet. Judging by the cars in the background, it could be surmised to be the mid 60's. This is a side note and not pertinent to motorcycles, but our family had good friends in Boston and we visited them often. I recall that there was huge and violent mafia war going on in Boston in those days so if your bike is from that time and town, it could tell some great stories.

3. Re: Does anyone know Boston PD paint Colors?

Great Picture! I've not seen that one before. And it definately looks like mid 60's. And Silver paint. The Boston Police decal on the screen I have seen before, but I would like to know what the gas tanks had on them, if anything, and the saddlebags/radio box/fenders? if anyone knows?
    Grahame.

Here is a great website of motorcycle units
    http://www.policemotorunits.com/index.html[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I remember an original paint late Sixties Harley at the City of Boston store in Fanuel hall ..it was silver with silver sidecar.[IMG][/IMG]

State police have a great Archive on there motorcycles but hard to get information from them.[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG] also look up massachusetts state police motorcycle history ...they have some Boston police photos .

9. Re: Does anyone know Boston PD paint Colors?

Thanks for that info. Great pictures. Interesting to note all of the 60's DuoGlides are silver! Good to see the decals too. The first picture shows a blue decal on the top of the gas tank, above the HD stock badge. Seems a strange thing to do? You would think it would be more effective to have decals on the saddlebags. Thanks for going to the trouble to post the pics. It's a great help.
    Grahame.

Thread Information